IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

'Limited' to the number of people who contributed to both of the first two Kickstarters combined. Hmm...

Mike is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he? Although I'm pretty sure no one wants the gift by this point.

Edited by Cernex
  • Like 1

Mike is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he? Although I'm pretty sure no one wants the gift by this point.

He's been re-gifted many, many times now.

Mike Kennedy is Johhny Carson's fruitcake.

"The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other."

• Like 2

I've said it before, but following this story is like watching a spectacular Evel Knievel wipeout in slow-motion. Just when you think you've seen the worst of it, Mike Kennedy starts flailing around again in mid-air and somehow manages to stretch it out and make it even worse.

The most creative screenwriter in Hollywood could not have scripted this story. The entire project was a horrifying disaster, but at the same time, it was such a perfect and complete failure in every possible way that it's become oddly fascinating to watch, or to go back and re-watch.

• Like 9

I don't think we're scheduled for an MK eruption for another couple of weeks. I'll be watching around May the 4th, hopefully it won't distract from nice Star Wars events.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after his last visit, Mike realized our collective wallets are closed and has thus left us for good.

If he does return, I hope we can make it clear to him what weaselshit answers don't fly anymore, and any real conversation is going to involve him answering some hard questions. It's clear he really thought if he just laid on the razzle-dazzle, everything would just go away, and it seemed to shock and anger him when it didnt.

• Like 10

The thread is just having a rest until Mike returns. I don't think we have heard the last from him yet.

There are two types of people: legends and commoners. Sometimes a legend will forget his or her lofty status and act like a commoner by posting in a thread like this. Legends need to remember that lowly PR people should be doing that job. Let them deal with the riffraff, trolls, haters, bored hikikomori, and attention-starved chronic masturbators who make self-serving videos and podcasts. :D

• Like 2

I've said it before, but following this story is like watching a spectacular Evel Knievel wipeout in slow-motion. Just when you think you've seen the worst of it, Mike Kennedy starts flailing around again in mid-air and somehow manages to stretch it out and make it even worse.

This needs to be an animated GIF of one of Evel's crashes, with Mike Kennedy's head superimposed on it.

I'd do it, but I'm too lazy.

• Like 5

Hey man, I wish someone could make a Neo Geo CD2 or at least mod the original so the loading times wouldn't be so mind-numbingly long, but we can't all get what we want.

Still love my Neo CD, tho'.

If you use a Neo Geo CD emulator for the Dreamcast, it's basically the solution you are looking for. Super fast load times (yes, using actual Neo CD discs).

• Like 2

If you use a Neo Geo CD emulator for the Dreamcast, it's basically the solution you are looking for. Super fast load times (yes, using actual Neo CD discs).

Well I'll be danged, color me interested. If there are dreamcast-to-USB cables (because why play Neo games without Neo controllers?), there are no compatibility issues (I remember Game Gear emulation having terrible audio issues, although maybe it was just an older vesion) I might need to invest in a Dreamcast. Links?

AND, just to not derail the thread:

Drop by and say hello.

http://retrogamingexpo.com/exhibitors.php

There's NO WAY Mike is going to show his face there. Odds are he's going to hire some other guy (or perhaps some random intern hanging around the abandoned warehouse that is RETRO Gaming Mag) to try and shill it, to no avail because Mike refuses to understand WE'RE NOT STUPID.

Plus, even if the VGS/Chameleon wasn't a thing, the fact his magazine hasn't had new content and is off-schendule for quite some time now doesn't help one bit.

Mmm... if only there were a CD-i emulator for the DC...

I hope I'm not alone in thinking this, but the cover art looks hideous. Which is uncharacteristic of RETRO Mag. I always heaped praise on their cover designs, Sometimes they were the best part of the whole magazine.

001_RETRO_11_COVER-v12_grande.jpg?v=1458

The background with the sword and shield looks great, it's a good starting point. But then Zelda and Gannon look like:

200.gif

• Like 4

ahahahahaha, i scrolled down, didnt read your text before i saw the image, the first word that came to my mind was also 'hideous'. while i cant exactly fault the artist, i fault that layout or lack thereof and how barebones it is, it looks slapped together. lets hope next months issue has a pic of a gravestone with 'RETRO - 2014-2016 on it. of course that wont happen because MK likes the crash & burn approach rather than the respectful laying to rest approach

• Like 1