IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Seriously, if the Retrobit has a lousy case, it does not bode well. After all, the case is half of the work, right? I bet that thing won't even run nice and cool without a fan! Of course, the REAL problem is cartridges. How do they expect to corner the market? Hardly entrepreneurs through and through. They should have delayed it to make it even better...

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 6

Retro-Bit has much more to show and prove.

Seriously, if the Retrobit has a lousy case, it does not bode well. After all, the case is half of the work, right? I bet that thing won't even run nice and cool without a fan! Of course, the REAL problem is cartridges. How do they expect to corner the market? Hardly entrepreneurs through and through. They should have delayed it to make it even better...

C+

overly pithy, not enough words

see the style guide for some help and try again

• Like 6

Apparently the Japanese Hacker, was able to tap into the Famicom Mini's system and actually put in a prototype linux front end of his own making. I know it isn't an out right "hey I hacked this and added a shit ton more games" but it opens the door for stuff on both Mini systems

Unrelated, but I have heard through an anonomous but reputable source,

a backdoor solution is being created for the loading of external ROMs through the SD card port on the Retrobit Generations!

:ahoy:

• Like 1

Unrelated, but I have heard through an anonomous but reputable source,

a backdoor solution is being created for the loading of external ROMs through the SD card port on the Retrobit Generations!

:ahoy:

But the emulation is trash so it's not really a selling point.

"Simple as that!"

(I know, it's a long-running joke by now, but I still think it's pretty damn funny.)

Call me buzzed, but I still laugh every time...

Yeah, we have very good emulation, USB controls, and HDMI AV in the Raspberry Pi at half the price of this thing, no back door shenanigans required.

Easy as Pi!

While looking at the coleco domain registration it offered up an interesting premium alternative :)

Screenshot_2016_11_22_20_17_22.png

I had to load this up on my PC screen to read it ... and now I see that it did not say what I thought it was saying while I squinted at it from my phone.

$3800 would certainly help Mike's finances, but it would also make him unlearn the lesson of Chameleon.

• Like 2