IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Is it just me, or did ReadRETRO expunge all mention of the EMIO joystick and their fantabulous cheat book insert from their Facebook page, or have we always been at war with Eurasia?

LOL, you're absolutely right

What do you want to bet that the "$30 value gift" is the unsold magazines from good old MK McShitstain?

First thing that came to my mind too, although I believe you can actually get more toilet paper for $30 at your local supermarket.

Gift where? $30 value to whom?

Apparently, buyers got this message by email:

“Dear Customers who bought The Edge Joystick (batch #:110116WSJ) and The Edge Gamepad (batch:110116WSP).

Thank you for contacting us, we know your time is valuable, and we wanted to give you a quick solution for connecting your controller with the NES Classic Console.

The Edge Joystick and The Edge Gamepad are compatible with Wii U and NES Classic Edition game consoles. It was brought to our attention that a few batches shipped, failed to include the NES Classic Console adapter in the box. To make it right with you, we are offering a FREE NES Classic Edition Adapter + a FREE NES Classic Edition Extension Cable + a FREE SURPRISE BONUS GIFT (a $30 Value). This offer only applies to qualifying customers.

To receive your FREE NES Gift Pack:

1. Do not return item to the store.

2. Instead Send an email to Support@PoweredByEmio.com

Include title: “FREE NES GIFT PACK”, Name, address, and send proof of purchase receipt.

3. Wait to receive your product in the mail.

4. If you wish and are satisfied with our service. Please provide 5 Star rating or edit a negative listing with your updated experience. 5 Star ratings mean a lot to us.

5. Thank you!”

sauce: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/16/the-emio-nes-mini-controller-has-been-recalled-for-not-working-with-nes-mini-games/

• Like 4

I'd love to get a copy of this hint book or a scan of it to comb through it for every inaccuracy, but the joysticks aren't for sale anymore.

You can still get them on Amazon. $30 for a recalled product. $5 over retail isn't bad and it's got quality parts inside.

https://www.amazon.com/EMiO-Edge-Joystick-NES/dp/B01LZXP8CC/

I actually upgraded the joystick and buttons on mine. It's got a (knockoff) Sanwa JLF joystick clone and 30mm snap in buttons. I upgraded it to a circular gate, oversize actuator, and mirror gold Sanwa buttons and balltop. I'm in the process of converting mine for NES/AVS but had to finish another project first.

Another point of interest- most references to the RetroBit Generations is gone from the Facebook page too. It's not even in his "store" area but other RetroBit stuff is still in there. Maybe they're pulling the Generations off store shelves too, one could only hope.

It's still on the main store. Perhaps he just got tired of censoring awkward questions on the Facebook page like, "is this thing as bad as everyone says it is?"
  • Like 2

Is it just me, or did ReadRETRO expunge all mention of the EMIO joystick and their fantabulous cheat book insert from their Facebook page, or have we always been at war with Eurasia?

Yep, it's gone.

I noticed they have this video on their Facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At0xL7lq1ZM

At about 4:50 he takes a Retro magazine out of the box. The guy seems excited however he say "I've never even heard of this!". This is a guy who makes videos about retro games and he hasn't heard of the magazine. Not really a great way to promote the magazine.

• Like 2

Apparently, buyers got this message by email:

“Dear Customers who bought The Edge Joystick (batch #:110116WSJ) and The Edge Gamepad (batch:110116WSP).

Thank you for contacting us, we know your time is valuable, and we wanted to give you a quick solution for connecting your controller with the NES Classic Console.

The Edge Joystick and The Edge Gamepad are compatible with Wii U and NES Classic Edition game consoles. It was brought to our attention that a few batches shipped, failed to include the NES Classic Console adapter in the box. To make it right with you, we are offering a FREE NES Classic Edition Adapter + a FREE NES Classic Edition Extension Cable + a FREE SURPRISE BONUS GIFT (a $30 Value). This offer only applies to qualifying customers.

To receive your FREE NES Gift Pack:

1. Do not return item to the store.

2. Instead Send an email to Support@PoweredByEmio.com

Include title: “FREE NES GIFT PACK”, Name, address, and send proof of purchase receipt.

3. Wait to receive your product in the mail.

4. If you wish and are satisfied with our service. Please provide 5 Star rating or edit a negative listing with your updated experience. 5 Star ratings mean a lot to us.

5. Thank you!”

sauce: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/16/the-emio-nes-mini-controller-has-been-recalled-for-not-working-with-nes-mini-games/

Okay this is the first I've heard of the "NES Gift Pack". I was reluctant to order the Emio adapter because I won't need it (my joystick is currently inoperable now that I've severed al the traces on the PCB). But if can scan my Best Buy receipt and get free loot, I'll take it! :grin:

Another point of interest- most references to the RetroBit Generations is gone from the Facebook page too. It's not even in his "store" area but other RetroBit stuff is still in there. Maybe they're pulling the Generations off store shelves too, one could only hope.

Perhaps a certain IP holder sent Retrobit an ugly lawyer notice due to a certain game, about a certain rooster named after a certain superhero's butler, who pops balloons and pecks through worlds full of Swiss cheese and robot mice... :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

At about 4:50 he takes a Retro magazine out of the box. The guy seems excited however he say "I've never even heard of this!". This is a guy who makes videos about retro games and he hasn't heard of the magazine. Not really a great way to promote the magazine.

Poser. He also doesn't recognize the Virtual Boy or Dreamcast controller on the Tshirt.

I noticed this and came to report it, too.

:)

• Like 1

"Our server had never seen 20 people all at once before, it worked remarkably well considering i cheaped out and ran it on a pentium 166mmx that I found at a flea market"

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

Nah, Pentiums are expensive and bulky. He's probably using a Raspberry Pi Zero... :rolling:

Okay this is the first I've heard of the "NES Gift Pack". I was reluctant to order the Emio adapter because I won't need it (my joystick is currently inoperable now that I've severed al the traces on the PCB). But if can scan my Best Buy receipt and get free loot, I'll take it! :grin:

I just scanned my receipt and sent them an email per the instructions. I will keep you guys posted when/if I receive anything back from them. :grin:

• Like 3

Retro Magazine #13 is going to be a Survival Horror theme. So is that just a Behind the Scenes look at Retro Magazine?

imagine those gritty high contrast photos of mikes garage, piled High with unsold retro magazines, covered in cobwebs, now that's scary

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe he is stockpiling all the unsold copies of Retro as ballast to protect his house when the zombie apocalypse comes. Apparently he did not need a kickstarter to fund a new run of the magazine.

I'm pointing out the obvious, but I think he has a genuine fear of returning to Kickstarter because his reputation is so tainted that another trip there will be a very humbling experience. He can put up the facade that everything's going okay and maybe even believe it since he's barricaded himself on his Facebook page where he can delete contrary opinions and erase his bad choices at will. But there's no denying that the likes on everything he posts has dropped exponentially. There's no way he would make it to a crowdfunding goal today. I still have a prediction that if he does any more crowdfunding he'll try out Patreon in the not too distant future. I think he's tempted by the idea of steady income for his magazine instead of one-n-done Kickstarter campaigns. We'll see if it happens.

From a cursory glance at the GameGavel site today, I think they are down to only three sellers. One of those sellers is Vink from FamicomDojo, a Youtube channel I occasionally find informative but rarely amusing. Unless you are into Japanese imports the site is a wasteland.

Forgive me, AtariAge, for I have sinned...

I have to confess that I used GameGavel a few months ago. I checked it out one day and saw that Vink had some crazy good deals on Bandai Wonderswan games. But don't worry, I have it on good authority that Vink is one of the early GG sellers who got a lifetime of free listings, so he's not paying any fees to Mike.

It was actually kinda funny to use that site because you're right in thinking it's a ghost town. I bought my items and apparently Vink hadn't checked the site in a while so I didn't get the invoice for a few days. Then I forgot to check back for Vink's response and so it just turned into a situation where the transaction took a lot longer because we both kept forgetting to check the site. But I do vouch for Vink, it was a good sale and he was very helpful.

• Like 10