IGNORED

Colecovision issues post modding, color and image stability, help?

goldenpp72

Hey guys, I had my system modded and sent back to me and it seems to be having some issues. I contacted the gentlemen who modded it and he believes it might be the power supply, but I figured before going through the expense and effort in shipping it all back for diagnosis (my power supply was not originally in the shipment) I figured I could ask here in case there was something I am missing.

Basically, the main bootup screen is blue instead of pitch black, as well, when playing Donkey Kong when I let it go to the selection screen the video either cuts out entirely (using a framemeister) or it stays in but flickers and jerks around a lot.

Since I don't know a lot about this stuff I figured I might be missing something stupid, would a new power supply or something else be able to fix the issue or is there something else i'm missing that's obvious? I'll keep in touch with the modder but I know he's really busy so I figured some extra help might get me rolling in a good direction. Thanks guys!

I've encountered graphic/color issues once but it was on a modern system,XBox360. The graphics card was dieing. Use to get very hot before it started displaying odd colors I'm no expert but I don't think ColecoVision has a dedicated graphics chip so it might be some other chips causing the issue?

Ignoring all that though,have you tried playing the system without it having to pass through the framemeister? If so do you still have the same issues?

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol