IGNORED

Tursi on Floppy Days podcast!

Willsy

Excellent show. :thumbsup:

Cassette as storage for 7 years. Respect. :thumbsup:

Bought the TI (console only) in early 82 for more than 400 USD. I jumped out of the TI and onto the C64 in less than 2 years. Mini Memory, joystick-adapter and a standalone Memory Expansion sure did expand its lifetime here. I gave it away to a family in my neighborhood (2 schoolteachers and 3 children).

:)

• Like 4

Great listen, made me dig out my TI-99/4a only to discover the keyboard no longer works, taking the keyboard apart, i noticed the membrane no longer makes connection to the pcboard the 9 strips are damaged or torn, and it seemed only the F key worked.... the computer is fine as I was able to start basic using the 1 key (shorting pin 7 and 8 on the ribbon cable to the main board from the keyboard). I was hoping to find a replacement keyboard (my preference) but i also dont mind building the keyboard replacement Tursi mentioned in the pod cast, but a crash on his website has rendered the links unusable. Does anyone have the schematic and hex files for his project?

Tursi if you are out there, could you please post them again ... ( Oddly enough I was Flying back from Ottawa when I was listening to the podcast ) I'm pretty sure you mentioned you are now located in ottawa? :) we are setting up an office there, and I will be back there soon :)

at any rate, any assistance would be great. :) cheers. :)

• Like 1

Also, thanks for the reminder about how the F18A solves the common failing VDP memory issue... I finally got off my butt today, and installed one in my 'broken' console and it is functioning beautifully. :) I think Omega posted about this in his blog, but I needed a kick in the pants to try it out.