IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

Here for you to read, print, ocr, pdf, add to whtech or any other archive...

Part 1 of 3 - zip of high res TIF images scanned from the UK TI-99/4a User Group magazine  TI*MES Issue No 15, published January 1987.

Part 2 will follow in a couple of days then part 3 will follow with a detailed contents and a dsk image.

Likely to slow down a bit- I have the UK magazines with some very light pages that will need to be retyped, and some Chicago magazines that were digested by mail handling machinery due to Chicago not using envelopes. These will require some careful reconstruction. I'll add a "raw scan" of one for comparison in due course.  Take care!  bb

times uk no15 Jan1987_pt1.zip

• Like 4

Here for you to read, print, ocr, pdf, add to whtech or any other archive...

Part 3 of 3 - zip of high res TIF images scanned from the UK TI-99/4a User Group magazine  TI*MES Issue No 15, published January 1987.

Together with a detailed pdf contents list, a disk of programs from the issue (as one cannot be typed in I have done it for you...), and a note on the disk programs in text format...

Next for a change will be a Chicago magazine followed by a return to the UK mags.

times uk no15 Jan1987_cover.jpg

TIMES 15 disk note.txt times_no15.dsk times uk no15 Jan1987 contents.pdf times uk no15 Jan1987_pt3.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a zip of high res TIF images for you to read, ocr, pdf or add to wht or any other archive... from...
Chicago TImes January 1988.
32 pages, blue cover, white internal pages, slightly over A5 size.
Sent by post without envelope, held together with one tiny slip of tape.
Often destroyed or damaged in transit- I will add below an image of the February 1988 magazine, which I am going to have to work on... this may take a while so after this there will be a couple more UK magazines.

To the magazine for today- January 1988- contents include a report of the December meeting seeing a demonstration of Woodstock- and they didn't credit the programmer, Ray Kazmer.
There is a discussion of tv/rgb monitors- for USA NTSC consoles.  News of new user group disk library Geneve software.   Trio+ PRINT WIZARD was hard coded for a printer to use 80 dots per inch- corrected by Trio+ within 10 days. A SPAD FLIGHT experience -a walk through for the Not Polyoptics software.
Steve Peacock's Basic Assembler dealt with Multicolor mode (48 rows x 64 columns).  Five pages of Geneve support article.     bb

chicago times Jan 1988_cover.jpg

chicagodamaged.jpg

chicago times Jan 1988.zip

• Like 1

TI User in PDF from ti99iuc

Can I draw your attention to a lovely scan of an ultra rare UK TI magazine now available at:

https://ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=84

TI-User was published and distributed by a UK retailer, Galaxy in Maidstone. Issues 1-4 are rare.  Anything after that is like hen's teeth. Now you can enjoy ISSUE 5 of TI User in pdf format after a great deal of hard work by Ciro (Well done!).

(And if anyone has good readable copies of issues after issue 5, it would be really great if you could let me or Ciro know about it please).

TIUser5.jpg

Edited by blackbox
make link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackbox said:

[...]Now you can enjoy ISSUE 5 of TI User in pdf format after a great deal of hard work by Ciro (Well done!).[...]

Thank you too for sharing the original scans that I reworked Stephen! :)

I am honored you liked the final result.

Edited by ti99iuc

The first of two parts of hi res TIF images scanned from the magazine of the UK User Group-
Part 1 of TI*MES (UK) No 21 October 1988.
Part two will follow in a couple of days with the detailed contents list.
Please read, ocr, pdf, save to an archive such as wht....

The issues prior to this are already on this thread or on wht.

After this issue will be No 22 and by then I hope to have the next Chicago magazine in progress.

times uk no21 Oct88_pt1.zip

• Like 3

There was a query on another thread today looking for a TI manual which has been available on atariage since 2020!  It has been a little while since I posted my index so here it is once again, perhaps it may save wasted hours....

The list has not been updated for seven months, but hardly any new manuals have been added here  since then - the list  has all the older ones available on this site.

bb

omegalist.txt

• Like 1

I'm guessing acadiel posted embedded content - something I cannot see here anyway, just an oblong empty box.
Can we have some textual explanation of what it should be please? Thanks.

(To use this forum at all I have to use special CSS and anything out of the way is lost.... my eyesight is not what it used to be (AMD).  )

acadiel.jpg

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1

The second of two parts of hi res TIF images scanned from the magazine of the UK User Group-
Part 2 of TI*MES (UK) No 22 January 1989.

Detailed contents list in a separate pdf document.
Please read, ocr, pdf, print, save to an archive such as wht....

There is also a pdf with detailed contents.

You may have noticed that issue 21 had no indication of date on the cover, it should have been Summer 88 of July 1988. Publication dates drifted a little over various reorganisations.  Issue 22 here, Autumn 1988 was due October 1988, but the editor left the country and left a gap. Consequently issue 22 has a lot of filler from other newsgroups and a change of cover style.   Issue 23 was very close behind but for clarity I'll date it here as Feb 89.  After that back to some more TI-Lines!

bb

times uk no22 Jan89_cover.jpg

times uk no22 Jan89_pt2.zip times uk No22 Jan89_contents.pdf

• Like 4

Here is a zip of high res TIF images scanned from:

Chicago TImes of February 1988.

to read, pdf, ocr , print or add to an archive such as WHT.

This issue has been cleaned up and recreated a bit due to severe damage in the postal system (Chicago did not use envelopes).

This issue contains Ray Kazmer's low energy digitiser (it used tracing paper).

chicago feb88 cvr.jpg

Chicago Times Feb1988.zip

• Like 4