IGNORED

Vintage Computer Festival East 2016

Bill Lange

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone planning on exhibiting at this years Vintage Computer Festival East 2016? We had good Atari representation last year, but I don't see any Atari exhibits on the list yet this year:

http://www.vintagecomputerfederation.org/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/vcf-east-exhibits/

Regards,

Bill

what kind of Atari exhibits were there last year?

what kind of Atari exhibits were there last year?

There were three or four Atari 8-bit exhibits last year. See here.

I had an Atari 800 running Visicalc as one of the original Visicalc programmers was there. I even got his autograph on my copy of Visicalc for the Atari 8-bit. I also had an Atari 400 running Star Raiders.

Flech had just about every Atari machine on display.

And Redman was there with some modified Atari hardware. I haven't seen him on AA lately though.

Also, see this thread.

Bill

My wife and I attended last year and we plan on attending this year. Have to say, I don't remember any Atari computers - but I was wowed by the Amigas (the 4000 on display in particular) and the Commodore 128D I saw (first time I ever saw one in person), and the two Apple Is that were there, that I am not sure I would have. I'll be on the lookout this year... particularly because I am picking up my very own Atari 800XL tomorrow! I'm excited.

Is anyone planning on exhibiting at this years Vintage Computer Festival East 2016? We had good Atari representation last year, but I don't see any Atari exhibits on the list yet this year:

http://www.vintagecomputerfederation.org/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/vcf-east-exhibits/

Regards,

Bill

I get a 404 on the link you posted.

Here's what works for me:

http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/

and if you're in Atlanta:

http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-southeast-4-0/

I'd leave the rare, expensive stuff at home. You set up your table on Saturday morning and break it down on Sunday evening. It is left out over Saturday night. You can stand in front of your table to keep people from messing with it, but some times, you want to walk around and look at the other exhibits.

Don't bring more than you can keep track off. If you are going to bring carts, bring your duplicates. I had my software on a laptop hooked to my Atari 800 via SIO2PC.

Bill

Like Bill said, don't bring anything that you cringe when somebody touches it. These are primarily hands on events, and boy do they get hands on'd. :)

That said the vast majority are very respectful of your stuff and really want to learn something. But there is always that kid who's parents let him wander off who likes to pound the keyboard.

You can keep delicate display pieces behind plexiglass. And as far as light fingers goes, I am not aware of anything walking off in our past three shows. And actually very little, if any, abuse damage, most damage happens when the exhibitor lets the magic smoke out.

It's actually a lot of fun Chris, come to a club meeting and we can tell you more.

Brad

What support is Bill needing ;) Bill are you just the East, and if so who does the SE show?

I guess that would be me.

And Randy will be there too, but his allegiance is in question. :)

Now if I can get more Atari guys to show up, I can change that to "I guess that would be us."

And Chris, we added more web people to the ATLHCS.org site this weekend, hopefully updates will be forthcoming. (Fingers crossed)

Brad

If you can't make it to VCFSE, then giving Bill some Atari support would be great too!

I'm not sure if I am going to exhibit this year either. I haven't signed up to (yet). I might just attend the sessions on Friday like the last couple of years and then visit the exhibits on Saturday. I just check the exhibit list and still no Atari exhibit.

Bill

I've been the last two years. It is a three day event with classes/talks all day on Friday. Exhibits take place on Sat and Sun. There are usually forty or so exhibits. Lots of big iron, and old UNIX boxes. And of course machines from the early 8-bit era as well: Apple, TRS-80, Commodore and Atari as well as others.

The event takes place in some old drafty military buildings at a now defunct secret Army installation in Wall NJ. I takes place in the red-roofed building and the the white roofed building along the side and back of the first building. There is also two large tens out side with talks and such as well.

There is also a small "consignment room" were a bunch of old stuff is sold.

Bill

post-188-0-11027200-1456282467_thumb.png