IGNORED

Computer War

Keith99er

Sorry, I can't tell you one way or another. There are two VERY POOR variations of the same bad scan floating around out there though. I've included them as attachments. I never got around to re-making a good quality manual for this game. Maybe I'll add this to my long list of to-do projects.

computer war, river rescue, sub commander.pdf

Computer_War,_River_Rescue,_Sub.pdf

• Like 1

I remember finding a copy of this on a fleaBay auction, so I copied it and made a made a PDF out of it.

This one is so MUCH better that those awful scans above, Sorry about the size, I wanted it to be as nice as possible (from what I originally had to work with).

Print it full page, double sided.

MicroPal - Computer War Manual.pdf

• Like 2

I've had this cartridge forever it seems (and its for sale too btw) with its single sheet instruction manual as posted above. 'Cept mine is white and is on paper, not card stock. Is it possible this game was originally sold baggie style? Be happy to include a generic TI box if anyone in the U.S. is interested. :grin:

post-13896-0-91426300-1455836095_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-36918300-1455836097_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

save2600-

Extra kudos for photographing an ancient TI99/4a module on top of a Gottlieb Big Chief pinball table, which looks to be in excellent condition.... love to play one.

The three Thorn games were legally obtained from Thorn AFTER it had left the market (a long epic story) in sideways module form and taken to America to be sucked out and transferred to new normal modules for the US market, and were sold in the UK initially on diskette.

Great photographs. Stephen

• Like 1

Do you know if any additional copies of the original Thorne side port modules escaped custody, or was the escape limited to the set that made it to Tenex? I wonder if Mr. Dooley kept them after he had them sucked out for posterity?

It has been a few years... Howard Greenberg of Arcade Hardware was chasing this software for the TI as soon as the various releases were announced, and he continued to chase it past claims it didn't exist, through changes of Thorn management, Thorn leaving the market, along various personnel and companies....

At last a sample of each was obtained and he brought them round for me to test- very neat PCB with eprom. He didn't trust them to the post but flew over to the USA with them to have them transferred to disk. I only saw one sample of each, and as they were so hard to find, if Thorn had extra samples, they were kept well hidden.

At least one member of Atariage owned an original - save2600. Possibly obtained from Mr Dooley? But they are at least "extremely rare".

regards Stephen

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1