IGNORED

What are you playing on PS Vita?

Bixler

Just picked up the latest Hatsune Miku Project Diva game on the Vita. Project Diva X. I skipped over Mirai DX on the 3ds due to being pissed off about the overboard DLC on F 2nd. Figured I'd pick this up, but I ain't buying a lick of DLC for it. (Free DLC I'll probably download all the same, not that they ever have much of that.)

Just picked up the latest Hatsune Miku Project Diva game on the Vita. Project Diva X. I skipped over Mirai DX on the 3ds due to being pissed off about the overboard DLC on F 2nd. Figured I'd pick this up, but I ain't buying a lick of DLC for it. (Free DLC I'll probably download all the same, not that they ever have much of that.)

I've skipped them too but I like the damn games a lot, a couple of the Project Diva X DLC is free this week if you want to snag them now for nothing:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=hatsune%20miku%20project%20diva%20x

I've skipped them too but I like the damn games a lot, a couple of the Project Diva X DLC is free this week if you want to snag them now for nothing:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=hatsune%20miku%20project%20diva%20x

Yeah, I downloaded the free ones in the list - which included the concert editor, the stewardess ones shown in the link, as well as the older Snow Miku bundle (2010-2015).

Ain't ever going to touch the unlock DLCs. I figured if they were willing to offer you unlocks for things you can normally unlock in the game by playing it, they must have rigged the system up to encourage people to buy said unlocks.

Sure enough, all the things that are unlockable in the game are due to random chance drops. This includes the modules and the accessories and gifts. No diva points to earn to unlock things like in the F games.

Yeah, they went backwards there. In my save game of the original Project DIVA (2009), there are only 3 items remaining that I never got, furniture items for the Miku Room, I believe. They were all rare drops. There was a time when I replayed the shortest song in the game over and over, trying to get those last 3, but none of them ever unlocked.

I'd like to get a physical copy of F 2nd for PSV, but it looks like I missed the window when it was easily available for $20.

Thanks for mentioning the stewardess modules, by the way. I didn't know any new DLC had been added this week, so all I picked up was the Snow Miku 2010-2015 pack. Then again, since the DLC list indicates the stewardess modules will always be free (the Snow pack is only free until 09/30), maybe I'll just wait on those until I actually have the game.

onmode-ky

I've been a fan of the Project Diva games for a while. That said, I intentionally avoided Project Diva X. For one thing, I didn't want to play it on the Vita, and I knew it wouldn't be terribly compatible with the PSTV due to the star notes.

But the main reason is that it had the stench of Sega failure about it. Sega had done too well with the Project Diva series. It was time for them to show their true colors and mess it up, because Sega must always discard any of their successes and embrace their true incompetence.

Yeah, they went backwards there. In my save game of the original Project DIVA (2009), there are only 3 items remaining that I never got, furniture items for the Miku Room, I believe. They were all rare drops. There was a time when I replayed the shortest song in the game over and over, trying to get those last 3, but none of them ever unlocked.

I'd like to get a physical copy of F 2nd for PSV, but it looks like I missed the window when it was easily available for $20.

Thanks for mentioning the stewardess modules, by the way. I didn't know any new DLC had been added this week, so all I picked up was the Snow Miku 2010-2015 pack. Then again, since the DLC list indicates the stewardess modules will always be free (the Snow pack is only free until 09/30), maybe I'll just wait on those until I actually have the game.

onmode-ky

You can likely expect new DLC to be added every week for months if they're going to do it the same way they handled DLC in F 2nd. Slow drip it out and all that. As for picking up a cheap copy of F 2nd, I'd say wait until the next Golden Week sale which will probably be in mid-winter or early spring sometime. Last couple of years I believe they dropped the diva games in price during those sales along with a lot of anime-themed type games. Even X might be on sale by then, although I doubt they'll drop it to close to 20 this year.

I've been a fan of the Project Diva games for a while. That said, I intentionally avoided Project Diva X. For one thing, I didn't want to play it on the Vita, and I knew it wouldn't be terribly compatible with the PSTV due to the star notes.

With regards to the star notes, it looks like the PSTV should be ok. In addition to swiping the screen, you can also flick the thumb sticks in Diva X. Which should work fine using a PS3 or PS4 controller. If you think you might pick up the game later if it ends up at the 20 dollar mark or so, might as well at least click on the free DLC options so they're at least attached to your account for the future. Particularly the Snow Miku batch since it won't stay free forever.

• 2 months later...

I've been playing Resident Evil. I'm having a blast with it but it's crazy to see how much they improved with the second game. The core game is the same but they drastically improved the menu system, character graphics, and the ability to use herbs/ spray whenever you want. The last one is huge. I was so used to having herbs on me to waste if I have to too pick up something important I stead. It completely changes the strategy of the game.

• 3 months later...

You can likely expect new DLC to be added every week for months if they're going to do it the same way they handled DLC in F 2nd.

Looks like they probably got flack for having 100+ dollars of DLC on F 2nd. In the end Diva X didn't have much actual DLC - instead they just double downed on game unlocks. IE: The bulk of the expensive DLC does nothing but unlock types of items/models that you can technically get in the game by playing it.

Eventually.

By the time you retire.

All module and accessory drops are based on RNG, although there's additional conditions for things as well (requiring to play a particular song with a particular character for instance - in addition to the RNG)

I've been playing it a lot since I got the game when it launched - although admittedly the bulk of the gametime was in november/december. And I've still only gotten about 80% of the modules unlocked. I'll never buy an unlock though, but this is a perfect, painfully obvious example of how developers intentionally tweak the game to make people open their wallet. This is by far the hardest game to actually unlock things for in the series.

Almost everything, anything that is good for a handheld, though I also ordered a PS TV to play on big screen.

I have the below coming from amazon:

Uncharted: Golden AbyssDungeon Hunter AllianceTetris UltimateSuper Monkey Ball Banana BlitzSoul SacrificeChild of Light

That's a good start. Uncharted is excellent. I'd also recommend:

Racing: Wipeout 2048

RPG: Persona 4 Golden

Puzzle: Downwell (Awesome to play in vertical mode and cheap)

FPS: Killzone

Unlike the sadly incompatible Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Wipeout 2048 to name two notable 1st party attempts at console style experiences on the Vita, insert Killzone into your PSTV and it will look and feel like playing a fps on a Playstation 3.

Even if you're not interested in it on a handheld, if it still looks like something you'd enjoy on the big screen, it's an impressive effort. Few big budget releases showed what this hardware was capable of and it's neat to see what the possibilities could've been had the smartphone and Sony not murdered the Vita before it ever left the gate.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2