IGNORED

Once In A Lifetime 2600 Find

cncfreak

I've been setting up at my local flea market for about a year now and iv'e had some pretty cool stuff come in but this Atari bundle takes the cake. First off it was a strange looking 2600 system with about 50-60 games and about 20 Atari 8-bit carts. I ended up giving about $325 for the lot which was a great deal for me since I was able to add about 30+ games to my collection. Some of the better games were Tooth Protectors, I Want My Mommy, Dishaster and Smurfs Save the Day. But one slipped by me and I almost put it out with the commons. I always test Atlantis cartridges just to make sure it's not the holy grail and I think this one might be it. Someone has written the roman numeral II next to the name. When I run the game, the score only increments by 1 instead of 100. First off if this is the holy grail, what's the average going price for it? I want to get this in someone's hands who will add it to their collection, preferably someone from Atari Age. Also the 32 in 1 Atari system, how much on average does it go for. Here's a pic of the system and I've created a video for the cart.

This isn't a sales thread so please no offers in the thread. Just looking for help on making sure this is the real deal. I'll make a sales thread once I can confirm.

Thanks again guys and gals

F0zhACk.png?1

Link to the video for the Atlantis Cart

https://youtu.be/ll55fvRk7lY

• Like 3

Yes, that would seem to be Atlantis II. The scoring is always 1 point.

Nice find

Thanks, now I need to find someone in my area to help take the cart apart so I can get pictures of the inside. I'm definitely not competent enough to do it without completely destroying the label.

Thanks, now I need to find someone in my area to help take the cart apart so I can get pictures of the inside. I'm definitely not competent enough to do it without completely destroying the label.

I am not sure you need to do that. I think it can be verified by weighing it and taking pics of the PCB from the open end. I can't do so, but I think others here could

These clones systems are more common than one may think (outside the US at least).

Yep, I have a bunch of them.

I am not sure you need to do that. I think it can be verified by weighing it and taking pics of the PCB from the open end. I can't do so, but I think others here could

Do exactly that, weigh it.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, they were rampant in the Chinatowns here in the US. There were plenty of stories of Atari Corp busting illegal clones during that era. Funny how they were cooperating with the FBI to bust these imports while also allegedly smuggling in Japanese DRAM themselves.

• Like 1

So maybe just the unit for $35 or with the hookups and a joystick for $50 sound reasonable? After hearing it's not that rare I was going to selling it at the normal system price at the flea market but a friend on Youtube might want it.

Edited by cncfreak

Wow, nice stuff altogether, great 20th Century Fox lot in there.

Good you sharing the sales of the Atlantis II with the seller, very nice.

Thanks man. Yeah I always try to be fair. One of the reasons I have so many repeat sellers who come to me.

Edited by cncfreak