IGNORED

Any Love For Zolar Mercenary?

fultonbot

Zolar Mercenary is one of my top-3 favorite Lynx games. I think the biggest problem with it though is that you need to press 2 fire buttons with hand that only has a one thumb available. I just re-discovered it on my RetroPie, and it's much easier to play with an X-Box 360 control pad. Still, I think it's stand-out game that shows off the power of the Lynx.

It is one of my overall favorite games on the lynx and I have posted about it often on this forum. I often switch to using my index and middle finger, one for each button for firing the shot and the laser. I just comlynxed it recently for the first time, it was really fun as a multiplayer title. I also did a score challenge contest for the first level, and I want to encourage like-minded homebrew programmers to get in touch so we can create a spiritual successor on the lynx :)

• Like 1

It is one of my overall favorite games on the lynx and I have posted about it often on this forum. I often switch to using my index and middle finger, one for each button for firing the shot and the laser. I just comlynxed it recently for the first time, it was really fun as a multiplayer title. I also did a score challenge contest for the first level, and I want to encourage like-minded homebrew programmers to get in touch so we can create a spiritual successor on the lynx :)

Hmm. Lynx Home brew? I had no idea there was such a thing. Do you need to write 65C02 Assembly, or are there any good C Compilers out there that can target the Lynx?

If you're interested in some more homebrew, check out my profile ;)

Will do. I've looked at CC65 in the past, but I've never seen a good tutorial on unraveling it's mysteries. This looks fun and it's mostly C code, which takes me back to my first jobs. There are many levels of nostalgia wrapped into home brew. I just have to crack the first nut.

Edited by fultonbot

• 5 weeks later...