IGNORED

MIST opinions

I finally got around to putting my MiST skin on and went ahead and ordered a Raspberry Pi3

I did find out that use the 'tcpser' command for baudrate, given the new processor speed threw the baudrate for a loop and the work around is

HERE

I am now running the Mist and tested with the AGA core linking to the Pi3 (OS is Jessie)using tcpser. it's fast and I can issue standard AT modem commands via terminals and connect to telnet BBS..

Here are some pics as promised with the new MiST skin. You will notice an extra hole in the back of the MiST. I had to drill this to pop the RS232 wires out. Remember I did not design this skin, but it looks good. Took my time to put it on and it turned out great!

Notice the Atari Logo and Amiga Ball incororated together..

The wires you see in the picture are hooked up to the RS232/MIDI connector on the MiST board. This is to breakout the RS232 lines. on the Pi3 I have them hooked up as follows:

GPIO PI3 MiST RS232

6 1

8 3

10 4

Paradroyd helped me quite a bit. So props to him!

There were a few commands I had to issue to get it working right that Paradroyd provided to me. This is because the /dev/ttyAMA0 is now being used by the Bluetooth and the GPIO connector serial is now /dev/ttyS0

If anyone needs those PM me and I will send over my procedure that I wrote down.

post-35187-0-53902900-1461382341_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-14275400-1461382348_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-59103700-1461382354_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-00245000-1461382361_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-80150700-1461382368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 1

Wow! Its beautiful! Nice piece of kit.

So your ordered a Pi too? Cool!

I got mine yesterday. Easy setup. Wifi worked great, once I moved it closer to my router.

Day 1 was just poking around Rasbian trying the gui out. Fun stuff.

Day2 intalled Hatari , this took alot longer. No big deal. Loaded a couple .msa disks from D-bug.

all in all I love it. Best $35 I spent in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to putting my MiST skin on and went ahead and ordered a Raspberry Pi3

Paradroyd helped me quite a bit. So props to him!

That is a great looking skin, and thanks for the props..I learned a lot in the process too!

I am not an expert in hard&soft, but I think that it is the battle Simulation of hardware vs emulation.

I enjoy with emulation, but IMHO, I prefer the feeling using MIST

I have to agree. I've done a lot of emulation and I've had my MIST for a few years now. There's really no comparison. Emulation definitely has it's uses, but though it's hard to quantify exactly, the MIST feels a lot more like the real thing.

For machines that no MIST core exists for yet (like the TI99/4A and a few others), there's emulation.

Edited by Paradroyd