IGNORED

MYSTIC CASTLE by Intelligentvision now available - ROM

Rev

Back on topic, I finally loaded Mystic Castle on my Ultimate Intellivision and it plays great! I was thinking of using the Thunder Castle art for it on the menu, but that just might make things confusing. Is anyone planning on doing a box art for this just to have in the menu?

• 3 weeks later...

Back on topic, I finally loaded Mystic Castle on my Ultimate Intellivision and it plays great! I was thinking of using the Thunder Castle art for it on the menu, but that just might make things confusing. Is anyone planning on doing a box art for this just to have in the menu?

Here's one you can use:

post-39531-0-03059800-1464457175_thumb.png

• Like 7

• 8 months later...

Great game.

I wish it had a couple of more "fixes"

Add quick sound when knight touches magic creature. In the game there are near misses and the delay to start the "enchanted tune" is just not quick enough to provide feedback to the player.

Greater than 9 lives.

Heart should give Life and 500 points. So if you at max lives there is still a reason to pick up heart.

Removal of Necklace, Lantern, and Crossbones.

When knight touches magic creature at the same time as being hit, the tie should go to the knight.

Press button to skip Level intro screen. It is a slow game and this would help to speed it up

Display how many times you played through the levels, Example after beating all 3 levels the first time, you would start on Level 2-1, then 2-2, then and so on.

Add a splash screen for the magic objects describing what they do as an attract screen. The new icons help a bunch, but I kept thinking the Lantern was a cape or blanket and still after reading the manual I'm not sure how it adds to the game.

Keep magic objects between levels. This would reward the player for not using "Grail" against the Sorcerers and saving it for the tougher Demons.

High score 72,500

All great suggestions gripsp03. I did consider allowing for more than 9 lives but ended up not implementing it.

There is never a tie. It just looks like it :)

I did shorten the level intro screens. I considered removing them but then, they add to the beauty of the game. The wife liked them and that was enough for me. I do not consider the game slow anymore and like the break the intro screens provide. I do agree that adding the option would have been nice; just not worth the work for me.

Aarrrgghhh...I should have reported what level you finished the game on. I do this on most of my games.

I like the idea of the attract screen with the magic objects. Same goes for keeping the magic objects between levels.

My intent in the updates was to keep the game original; just faster. I am a bit surprised that you say the game is slow. What level did you start play on?

• Like 1

All great suggestions gripsp03. I did consider allowing for more than 9 lives but ended up not implementing it.

There is never a tie. It just looks like it :)

I did shorten the level intro screens. I considered removing them but then, they add to the beauty of the game. The wife liked them and that was enough for me. I do not consider the game slow anymore and like the break the intro screens provide. I do agree that adding the option would have been nice; just not worth the work for me.

Aarrrgghhh...I should have reported what level you finished the game on. I do this on most of my games.

I like the idea of the attract screen with the magic objects. Same goes for keeping the magic objects between levels.

My intent in the updates was to keep the game original; just faster. I am a bit surprised that you say the game is slow. What level did you start play on?

Slow due to level intro screens, playing over and over when trying to achieve a new high score

I have box art made for Mystic Castle if you need. What size and format does it require?