IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

First post has been updated to include the latest version 1.8 menu source and binaries (which I'm shipping out on the memory card included with the next carts). They were available already in Gadget's menu update thread, but I've added them here so they're easy to find.

Oh, and one more random thing on the next batch of cartridges. I have moved to gold plating for the board finish, which has decreased the number of bad boards I'm getting on the first pass, but interestingly gold contacts seem more susceptible to contamination on the edge connector.

So in other words, if your cart ever fails to work, give the edge a clean! This is nothing new of course, and its the first thing anyone who's ever used a console with cartridges would do, but I thought I'd mention it as I've had pretty much no problem at all with edge connector contacts on the current solder finish boards (HASL).

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

Put me down for one with a case, please!

This forced me to finally actually create an account here. I've lurked forever but never bothered to register.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this project.

Edited by S_crumb
  • Like 1

I bet SainT had no idea what kind of can o' worms he was going to open. Lynx fans everywhere crawling out of the woodwork!

Tell me about it! It was only supposed to be a simple project to help me hone my electronics skills for a bit of fun. I had absolutely no idea there would be this amount of interest! I'm not complaining, mind... :)

• Like 1

All I can say is great news travels fast! I heard about this on a couple other forums and it was one of the reasons I joined.

Please add me to the list with case. A PM has been sent.

Kudos to SainT for coming up with this and making it happen!

• Like 1

Please add me to the list, 1 unit with the shell. Thank you. How about a send to France . Is there a problem ?

Thanks for your answer

I'll ship anywhere the Royal Mail lets me.

So really, unless you physically don't receive any post, I should be able to post to you! :)

@SainT Taking into consideration daily life, summer holidays, watching quality US shows.... What would you say on average you can comfortably manage to make and ship out a month?

I'm trying to figure out approx when the list will reach me so I can take off two weeks from work and the Mrs so I can clock the entire Lynx library [emoji3]

No pressure of course, just want to keep an approx month in mind to be excited.

Got my fresh McWill screened up Lynx II ready with a box of Duracell industrial batteries lol

[emoji3]

Edited by aligborat69

@SainT Taking into consideration daily life, summer holidays, watching quality US shows.... What would you say on average you can comfortably manage to make and ship out a month?

I'm trying to figure out approx when the list will reach me so I can take off two weeks from work and the Mrs so I can clock the entire Lynx library [emoji3]

No pressure of course, just want to keep an approx month in mind to be excited.

Got my fresh McWill screened up Lynx II ready with a box of Duracell industrial batteries lol

[emoji3]

Lol, like I have time to watch TV of any kind... :D

I'm going to try and shift the whole 100 in the next 4 weeks or so -- I've got about 40 bagged up and ready to go, and have just sent out PM's for the next 22 people.

I need to get another order placed for the next batch pretty soon.... argh... so much to do. :)

As ever I'm trying to speed things up, we'll see how it goes.

Edited by SainT

I should add that I was looking for a cased one for a Lynx II. I can't see my name on the main list but I know you're busy so I'll just assume you'll get to it when you can. Thanks.

Sorry, I must have missed you, added now. If anyone has posted here and you dont see your name on the list in the first post please give me a shout. I cant edit the posts easily with an iPad (its just too long for the crap touch interface), which is what I tend to do late night message replying with, so I only update the first page list when I'm on the PC! :)

Lol, like I have time to watch TV of any kind... :D

I'm going to try and shift the whole 100 in the next 4 weeks or so -- I've got about 40 bagged up and ready to go, and have just sent out PM's for the next 22 people.

I need to get another order placed for the next batch pretty soon.... argh... so much to do. :)

As ever I'm trying to speed things up, we'll see how it goes.

That's great news, so I might be lucky enough to get hold of one in October / November.

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

It's a great little device you have come up with, clearly well worth the wait.

Looking forward to it, something to cheer us englanders up after the shocking euro performances!

[emoji2]

• Like 1

I tried an original and aftermarket Lynx supply, as well as a universal supply with additional voltage (and yes, there are fresh batteries in there as well). No luck. I will try the cleaning idea tonight. Thanks.

Unfortunately, after more testing and quite a bit of pin cleaning, still the same result. It must be the peculiarities of this particular mod that don't play well with this particular cartridge.

Unfortunately, after more testing and quite a bit of pin cleaning, still the same result. It must be the peculiarities of this particular mod that don't play well with this particular cartridge.

If you measure the voltage across C41, what do you get? If it's less than 4.8V, that is probably the issue.

• Like 1