IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Eurgh, I cant believe they don't even have an option for FAT32 -- they must have switched to NTFS completely now. Try and format it to 4GB FAT32 if you can. I'll see if I can create a disk image with everything needed on which you can just install onto the card...

Edited by SainT

On 4/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, MrBland said:

Well as things would have it none of the local stores sell micros less than 8, in fact it was almost impossible to find below 16 lol. Well I'll order some online and get this thing up and running. In the mean time I'll play with the 8 and 64 I have and see if there is something I can do to get them working. Who knows maybe I just made a stupid mistake in setting them up and that is the reason they arn't working.

As a side note fat32 is no longer supported on Win10 so you need to use a separate utility to format it, or an older computer with a Windows version that does support fat32.

I've added LynxImage.zip to the first post which is a physical disk image of a 4GB memory card which boots for me. You could try using something like WinImage to write the image to your memory card. It should then show up as a 4GB card. There may be physical differences between the cards, though, such as a physical sector size larger than 512 bytes which may bugger things.

Give it a go and see...

Edited by SainT

As a side note fat32 is no longer supported on Win10 so you need to use a separate utility to format it, or an older computer with a Windows version that does support fat32.

I have not tried formatting an SD card since upgrading to Windows 10 but if you are correct a lot of old features can still exist but are just hidden and not easy to access for the standard user (Microsoft way of stopping people getting into trouble), a quick search revealed several results indicating that provided the SD is not bigger than 32GB the native Windows solution is…

Go to “Run” (under All Apps/Windows System) or type run in to the search bar and select the desktop app

Enter “format /FS:FAT32 x:” where x is the Driver letter of your SD card.

Not having tried it myself I have no idea if that is correct, alternatively if you do not trust that method or a third party utility you could turn to your other devices that use SD cards such as your Mobile phone or digital camera/camcorder. Hopefully the manual will state if it uses FAT32 or will reformat any inserted SD to FAT32, if not and you have access to a PC with a card reader insert your devices SD card into that and look at its properties, that should tell you if the card is formatted to FAT32.

If either of these are true then hopefully you will be able to use that device to format the SD you wanted to use for the Lynx cart as FAT32.

Thanks for the tips :) fortunately I have old computers lieing around and use those, I just noticed when I tried it with my main computer the option wasn't there. I think my problem is the size of the SDs I'm using.

Yesterday was a never ending work day so I wasn't able to try out the image SaintT posted, but I'll give it a go as soon as some free time comes my way :)

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

IT'S WORKING!!

So I resized the SD and used the image you provided and it works! It comes up with the insert card message and a few seconds later the menu comes up. I'm starting to wonder if my larger SDs would have worked just fine if I had been more patient and given it more time to load. I'll see if I can load a video up later tonight :)

• Like 1

oh dear, talk about late to the party, i'd like to order one please.

are the cases removable? i ask because i have both models of lynx, can i just easily remove the cover to fit it in my lynx 1?, if not i'd better go for the naked model.

If anyone goes for the uncased Lynx 1 version, I'll send the top case along with it unattached. You can glue it on later if you want. :)

• Like 1

Oops! I see I am already on the list. Thanks for adding me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Can you please add me to your list for the "naked" version?

Thanks

Been following for a while. SainT, congratulations on this amazing accomplishment!

Edited by GemInEyeTwin
  • Like 1

I thought we just specified whether we want cased and quantity when saint PMs us when it's our turn.

Yes, I remember that too. Somebody didn't pay attention to directions, now everyone is doing it.

People, all you gotta specify in your post is that your interested. When it's your turn, Saint will get the specifics from you then.