IGNORED

Pixel Anthology 2 (France), an inside look!

CatPix

So, this week-end, the Pixel Anthology 2 will take place, at La Bazoge, near Le Mans. In France, indeed.

AGC_4949771_0.jpg

Organized by the non-profit association Rétrotaku, it will host about 40 machines from every era, all playable, and will host games, guests and stuff.

Why am I talking about this here?

I am a member of Retrotaku, and so I though you might like to see what it's like to set up that kind of event.

I'll be posting pictures and comments about the event, but also of the setup, the after, and the result of this adventure.

First step was to decide the machines we will display, and to associate them with the televisions.

gallery_35492_1633_4301.jpg

All of our TVs are donations, and mreo than often, they came with no remote control. and on a lot of those late TV, there is a serious lack of buttons that allow us to switch on A/V.

So it was important to sort out TV with no remote controls with consoel with SCART out that switched on the A/V, and console with composite output that didn't. And sole older SCART specs are finiscky with modern TV too so that had to be done.

And also, printing posters and putting them on cardboard to indicate where the fun is going to take place, and pointing out things we had and things we don't so we know what's good or not.

gallery_35492_1633_66182.jpg

And all of this in a good, joyful atmosphere.

Stay tuned!