IGNORED

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive HSC- Season 4: Round 7: Toki Going Ape Spit

Welcome to the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive High Score Club League!! This is Season 4: Round 7.

This round we are going to rescue Princess Miho and play Toki Going Ape Spit.

This is the 42nd Round of the Genesis/Mega Drive High Score Club on Atariage.

This round ends on Midnight Sunday April 10, 2016.

Current Standings:

1. darthkur: 78 Points
2. NIKON: 70 Points
3. Retrogamer81081: 60 Points
4(t). S.BAZ: 53 Points
4(t). DonPedro: 53 Points
6. roadrunner: 37 Points
7. jblenkle: 21 Points
8. wolfman24: 20 Points
9. chicgamer: 15 Points
10. LidLikesIntellivision: 7 Points

Leaderboard:

1. darthkur: 139,510
2. DonPedro: 99,170
3. S.BAZ: 56,790
4. roadrunner: 40,030
5. jblenkle: 30,900

Title: Toki Going Ape Spit
Developer: Santos
Publisher: Sega
Release Date: 1991
Rules: Default Settings. No Continues
Bonus Points: I am going to make this a fun one since I have seen it from a past High Score Club. Baseball Season is right around the corner, so for bonus points play the regular Home Run Derby in World Series Baseball '95. However many homeruns you hit is your total bonus points for this week's round. I.E. 6 home runs equals 6 bonus points. Difficulty settings for this is whichever is comfortable for you and set to your favor. I prefer Rookie where you don't use the bar and it's all timing.

Record Score: 139,510 (darthkur)

High Score Club Rules:

Games are to be played by an authentic Sega Genesis/Mega Drive console, clone system, flashback console, or emulation.

Continues are not allowed. Game ends after a Game Over or completion of game.

You can post your score however many times is neccessary as long as it's between the round's timeframe from start to finish.

Cheats of any kind are NOT PERMITTED. No Cheat codes, Game Genies, Cartridge frying, or any other type of enhancer. Anybody caught cheating will be permanently BANNED from future participation in the league. Nobody likes a cheater.

You must play the game between during the time it's posted to when it ends to earn points during league play. However you can post scores after the event to challenge the top scores.

Scores must be presented between the round timeframe. No photographs of old scores or saved memory from an SD flash drive. Sorry I won't accept your Sonic the Hedgehog 2,000,000 point domination from 1992.

Point pressing/farming is discouraged. I encourage you to try and accomplish the game, not milking for points.

Screenshots are encouraged but not required. Youtube videos of your performance is absolutley accepted.

Scoring for each round is this:

1st Place: 15 Points
2nd Place: 12 Points
3rd Place: 10 Points
4th Place: 8 Points
5th Place: 5 Points
6th Place: 3 Points
7th Place: 2 Points
8th Place and beyond: 1 Point

The High Score Club Moderator has the final say and reserves the right to accept and or reject any submitted score. I know there should be no problems as I know all of the participants are legit, very fair and , honest players. :)

The number 1 rule is..........

Let's have some fun!! :)

Wow.... Does everybody here dislike Toki Going Ape Spit? We only have 2 and a half days left with just one submitted score!?!? I decided to not play the game but do the bonus game for points. It's Home Run Derby from World Series Baseball '95. My man and this year's Hall of Fame inductee Ken Griffey Jr. bashes 12 home runs!! :grin:

post-32978-0-86633300-1459451413_thumb.jpg

griffeyweb23s-2-web.jpg

When will this season end? I want to start up a handheld hsc and don't want the 2 going on at the same time.

I was originally going to go 10 rounds. But if you want to do a handheld one, I'll have the Genesis High Score Club go to 8 Rounds. I will have it end on April 17th which is the last day for Round 8. Let me know if that's ok.

I was originally going to go 10 rounds. But if you want to do a handheld one, I'll have the Genesis High Score Club go to 8 Rounds. I will have it end on April 17th which is the last day for Round 8. Let me know if that's ok.

I'd say do 10 rounds as planned. It's been a fun HSC so far (and it would be even more fun with at least one shoot em up, hint, hint!).

• Like 3

missed the chance for a pic

I played three attempts & made it to Area 2-1

my first time playing Toki Going Ape Spit & liking it a lot. the graphics look great! He moves a little slow for my liking but it's well-done enough I can still have fun...

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't mind starting soon, and would be glad to do mine at the same time as the Sega HSC. Like the SNES HSC I ran, there will be a trail run. Keep this one going through the 10 rounds. I'd hope that this Sega HSC, the SNES hsc, and if it gets popular, the handheld HSC would get their own seperate discussion forum

• Like 3

I'd hope that this Sega HSC, the SNES hsc, and if it gets popular, the handheld HSC would get their own seperate discussion forum

Handheld HSC was a good idea! I thought about a game boy one but I kept wavering whether GB alone would work for a high score club.

A friendly reminder that you have today and tomorrow left for Round 7. I also mentioned that for bonus points to play a round of Home Run Derby on World Series Baseball '95 due to baseball season starting. One homerun equals a bonus point. Let's see some of you guys go yard! :) Only three more rounds left in the league!! I had a fun time hosting this and I will start another one later this Summer! :)

Round 7 is now over!!

Final Standings For Round 7

1. darthkur: 139,510

2. DonPedro: 99,170

3. S.BAZ: 56,790

4. roadunner: 40,030

5. jblenkle: 30,900

1. darthkur: 17 Points (15+2)

2. DonPedro: 17 Points (12+5)

3. Retrogamer81081: 12 Points

4. S.BAZ: 10 Points

5. roadrunner: 8 Points