IGNORED

Opcode Games news bulletin April 2016

opcode

Hope is a terrible thing, isn't it? ;)

nah, its cool either way, the intv has gotten alot of games the last few years.

a side note, once april fools is over (april 2nd) I think the joke should be revealed and not linger. but thats just me.....

• Like 3

I think the joke was confirmed in post #17.

You mean this very vague post quoted below? "one or more are true" "one or more are pranks"

Yeah, that sure does clear it doesnt it! My bad

These "jokes" become lies the next day or two when they are not confirmed as pranks.

Glad to see you guys take me so seriously.

But yeah, today is April 1st

However I will say one or more of the above news are actually true, while one or more are pranks.

I will offer some clues. Ready?

What we said about Maze of Galious is true. But the news about the SGM 2 is phony. The rest is up to you. ;)

EDIT: man, this April Fools thing is dangerous. Mass hysteria, people talking about suicide and canceling their pre-orders... Now everybody please calm down and take a deep breath. DKA is still coming...

• Like 1

Geez, we are just starting and you guys are already complaining. LOL :P

Ok, we can confirm we are working on something INTV related, other than that you should take my original post with large amounts of salt. We will see what happens later this year, assuming something happens at all.

• Like 2

Geez, we are just starting and you guys are already complaining. LOL :P

Ok, we can confirm we are working on something INTV related, other than that you should take my original post with large amounts of salt. We will see what happens later this year, assuming something happens at all.

Oh, we have only begun to complain! You are in for a wild ride my man. Get ready....

• Like 1

Oh, we have only begun to complain! You are in for a wild ride my man. Get ready....

And that right there should be enough to make Ed want to cancel anything INTV related and stick to the ColecoVision community! :P

Gradius, Goonies, Knightmare and Penguin Adventure. I know Goonies and Penguin Adventure doesn't use a lot of sprites(Less than 8 sprites) on screen I think. Shouldn't be too difficult to remake for the Intellivision, but you may have to be creative with the 64 GRAM cards for Penguin Adventure.

If I was making Intellivision port of these games.

Knightmare MSX/CV uses a lot of objects on screen. Knightmare I remember had 10 enemies at one time, 4 enemy shots, 1 power up, 1 hero, and 3 weapons.

Intellivision conversion, I would multiplex weapon sprites, keep 16 pixel tall hero sprite single color and the enemies going to be tricky to figure out since you could have 6 objects sharing enemies and shots object. I had trouble with collusion when I multiplex weapon in my Generic Shump game for the Intellivision. I do need to rewrite that game again. However, for the Intellivision hardware you do have full screen smooth scrolling.

Goonies shouldn't be too hard to remake. The goon's AI probably be the hardest for me to figure out. I think this game should be a good candidate to be ported to the Intellivision. The game uses bgtile tiles a lot for the MSX/CV version.

Penguin Adventure, I don't know how fast the intellivision can write tiles to the screen, but in my case, pretty quickly. I would dedicate 48 GRAM cards just for the background, 16 GRAM cards for the 8 SPRITES.

Gradius is a wild card. MSX do uses tiles for enemies and your weapon shot I think. It maybe a difficult port.

I daydream a lot about demaking games for lesser hardware a lot. So these are my thoughts for these games.

Hey Rev, now you know how it feels when people come in and step on our Intellivision toes!!! :)

I think our best bet is to let the Colecovision aliens invade the system and see what great things they can do! I am willing to take the chance for sure!

Plus, I love Gradius, and a super game module count me in. What is the worst that can happen? :thumbsup: