IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #7 - Game 4 - Pac-Man

Its hyped yes, but compare it to other Arcades and it looks pretty bad :) Just take the Intellivision-Version, I do not know if every version is like this one, but its the same maze again and again and again. The only difference is the quick moving ghosts. Who would say that Dragonfire is a very good and iconic game? I guess no one, but if we look at the facts its pretty much the same, despite Dragonfire has two different levels. I think some know that I LOVE Dragonfire, its very addictive to me, but its a simple game and so its completely okay to say its average at maximum.

It is comparable to Final Fantasy. People hype VII, just because it was at the right time at the right place and the first epic 3D JRPG on the PS1. People completely ignore the many flaws in the game and that its not even the best FF, not to mention the best RPG. Same phenomenon. Pac Man is nothing special. Its a very simple game which comletely lacks on variety.

So it is really no good game. Of course you can like it and even love it, but it doesnt change the facts :)

Edit: And to blow your minds completely: All this is true for Space Invaders as well! :P

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

The funny thing is that the game hasnt really a curve in the difficulty in my opinion. It starts pretty hard. Its hard, because you are very slow and can't react fast enough in some trap-situations. And because the ghosts are slow too the greed sometimes trap you. When I lost a life in the first 4-5 stages I always reseted the console.

Then the games becomes easy, because you are so damn fast and if you play it safe you just cant lose lifes. Its because its always the same maze and the ghosts use the same routes. If you found a certain pattern you can clear many boards and if you collect some fruits or keys (the last "fruit" I saw brought 5k) you can increase your score a lot. Then the ghosts are faster and it gets harder, because the safe route isnt safe anymore. Its also something I do not like about this game: It rewards memorised play. So its not really skill, its just the ability to find a safe route and make the same moves again and again. If you make a score like the highscore its of course a new case, at least I did not played it often enough to see if there would be a new safe route to go.

To be honest: I am happy that I won this round, but I am happy as well that I do not have to play the game anymore :D

• Like 2