IGNORED

Mario bros manual pdf?

pimpmaul69

That i did not know. I just know that in the emulator i use on the raspberry pi assigns button 2 on the joystick to player 2 only because of mario bros so i disabled the second player so i had use of both buttons. I do use an apple iie joystick to play apple ii games in emulation but havent gotten the hand controllers yet but assumed that because of the emulater assigning button 2 to the second player that it must have been designed with the hand controllers in mind.

The paddles do map to X/Y with separate buttons yes.

That said many games use two buttons, so I'm surprised the emulator doesn't sllow an easy switch of the two modes. Then again its Linux. :D (once I had to recompile an emulator just to change key bindings...)

so was the apple ii/iie capable of two joysticks?

No, the Apple II line only supported one game controller (which could take on the form of a pair of paddles). If you load Mario Bros. you'll notice on the option screen you can select keyboard or joystick for Mario. Luigi then defaults to the other option automatically.

Mario Bros. was never formally released for the Apple II, so there is no box and no manual, at least none officially published by Atari.

No, the Apple II line only supported one game controller (which could take on the form of a pair of paddles). If you load Mario Bros. you'll notice on the option screen you can select keyboard or joystick for Mario. Luigi then defaults to the other option automatically.

Mario Bros. was never formally released for the Apple II, so there is no box and no manual, at least none officially published by Atari.

i figured that was the case but was curious. So now i am even more confused by the emulator because it specifically states mario bros and luigi using the second button as the reason why it disables it on player one. I guess i should play the game and test it.