IGNORED

29 years later... full XEGS CIB Collection

• 1 year later...

A journey that started 29 years ago came to completion the other day. My father bought me my first gaming system, the Atari XEGS upon release in 1987, but never bought me any more games for it, believing the 3 that had come with the system were enough ( :D).

Ever since then, looking at all the pics of games on offer on the back of the console box, and playing the demos at my local department store (Myer, Dandenong), I wanted them all! Now, nearly 3 decades after, with the sealed Kareteka that arrived last Wednesday, I have every single Atari XEGS game complete in box : )

Thank you dad for starting me on my gaming journey with this most interesting and cool little pastel buttoned system. I wish you were here to reminisce with me. May you rest in peace.

my eyes are not to good, and i do not want to bum you out, but i do not see a boxed flight sim.II. they did not make to many. but i had them. and when atari shut down the XE production in 1991, they had 17 of them left in their warehouse. at one time i had the complete inventory of all atari games that they had left in their main warehouse.

the fax is so dull know, its unreadable, or almost unreadable in many places.

lance

www.atarisales.com

This cart project uses a PCB that fits into the original Atari cart cases:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fatarionline.pl%2Fforum%2Fcomments.php%3FDiscussionID%3D4245%26page%3D1%23Item_0&edit-text=&act=url

I just knocked up 3 just recently and they all work fine - highly recommended! Its basically an XEGS ramcart but instead you need an EPROM burner to get the data on to it

Minimal components too :)

post-38211-0-47941400-1516740221_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This cart project uses a PCB that fits into the original Atari cart cases:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fatarionline.pl%2Fforum%2Fcomments.php%3FDiscussionID%3D4245%26page%3D1%23Item_0&edit-text=&act=url

I just knocked up 3 just recently and they all work fine - highly recommended! Its basically an XEGS ramcart but instead you need an EPROM burner to get the data on to it

Minimal components too :)

Where can we order these PCBs assembled?

On another note, the 8-bit FAQ states that 8-bit support did not end on January 1, 1992, and that Atari was still making XEGS units in the middle of the year. Does anyone know when they stopped?

by the time period of 1989-1990, brad, bruce and i were bidding on all of the known unreleased atari 8-bit games. i am unaware of any being released in 1990 or after. however, atari did tell me that they were still ordering hardware, and that they were expecting 100,000 xf-551's that they had ordered.

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Congratulations on getting a full XEGS collection! I'm still kicking myself for selling my CIB copy of Airball.

I love the XEGS games, and I wish that Atari had made more of them. The only disappointment is the boxes: they were a different size than Atari's 2600/7800 boxes, and as far as I know, there are no box protectors that can fit them. I've got a few XEGS boxed games that I'd love to have protectors for.

Working on box protectors...will keep you posted!

• 3 months later...

Congratulations on getting a full XEGS collection! I'm still kicking myself for selling my CIB copy of Airball.

I love the XEGS games, and I wish that Atari had made more of them. The only disappointment is the boxes: they were a different size than Atari's 2600/7800 boxes, and as far as I know, there are no box protectors that can fit them. I've got a few XEGS boxed games that I'd love to have protectors for.

Box protectors for XEGS games are now available! buzzandbingosmooncircus on eBay officially has the XEGS box protectors available for purchase!!!

They are available in quantities of 5, 10, 25 and 30. 30 is obviously perfect for those of us with complete collections (of the officially released boxed games) like yours truly and the OP of this thread! I gladly just bought a 30-pack. Buzz has been fantastic to work with in making this become a reality, so let's show him how much we appreciate his efforts by throwing some business his way. You know you want some box protection for your XEGS games, and now you finally can, in a perfect fit!

Here are his offerings:

5-pack

10-pack

25-pack

30-pack

post-47330-0-59224500-1541020314.png

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 10/31/2018 at 4:11 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Box protectors for XEGS games are now available! buzzandbingosmooncircus on eBay officially has the XEGS box protectors available for purchase!!!

They are available in quantities of 5, 10, 25 and 30. 30 is obviously perfect for those of us with complete collections (of the officially released boxed games) like yours truly and the OP of this thread! I gladly just bought a 30-pack. Buzz has been fantastic to work with in making this become a reality, so let's show him how much we appreciate his efforts by throwing some business his way. You know you want some box protection for your XEGS games, and now you finally can, in a perfect fit!

Here are his offerings:

5-pack

10-pack

25-pack

30-pack

post-47330-0-59224500-1541020314.png

I know I'm chiming in late here but there are now 1 and 50-Pack units available.