IGNORED

Adam keyboard keys not working - anyone have a keyboard to sell?

eebuckeye

I have a cluster of 4 keys that do not work on my ADAM keyboard. I briefly searched for solutions and repair guides, only to find none. Maybe we could work together to figure out some solutions! I'm very good with troubleshooting and electronics in general, just haven't had the time to go over the keyboard layout in depth. After all, these things aren't cloning themselves any time soon. :D

I'm decent at troubleshooting now and I took the keyboard completely apart (which was a pain) but did not see any hint of anything wrong with any trace. It is confusing because the keyboard is in mint condition and the internal parts looked mint also. All the plungers looked good too.. I noticed last night 'sometimes' the keys would work but definitely not consistent and sometimes would not work at all..

I can't remember if there is info contained in the ADAM Technical Manual without looking thru it again, but I do have the keyboard matrix data sheet that was provided by Radio Shack when they were selling the ADAM Keyboard without the case for hobby projects. See the attached and hope this helps.

post-25956-0-81576800-1462658606_thumb.png

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

A long term solution for ADAM owners is for someone to develop a ADAMNET to USB interface then one could purchase a low cost USB keyboard for $3.99 with free shipping from Amazon. It would be real cool if ADAM owners could use any USB keyboard on the market.

Spanish Keyboard for $3.99

https://www.amazon.com/iMicro-KB-US9851S-108-Key-Spanish-Keyboard/dp/B015RLJL60/ref=sr_1_21?crid=1645BF2U95ICR&keywords=usb+keyboard&qid=1678667878&s=electronics&sprefix=usb+keybaord%2Celectronics%2C112&sr=1-21

$8.95 English USB Keyboard

Verbatim Slimline Full Size Wired Keyboard USB Plug-and-Play Compatible with PC, Laptop - Frustration Free Packaging Black (amazon.com) 

Edited by HDTV1080P