IGNORED

Are Atari Jaguar Skunk boards still made?

Glen's Retro Show

Initially I would think not as one of the main devices require has been out of production for some time and may therefore be difficult and potentially expensive to get of but from this it looks like someone is attempting to building a small run of ten units. Perhaps you can get one from them although by my count there must be something close to 400 - 500 out there, many people have multiples in case one dies, perhaps someone would be willing to part with one.

I'm the one trying to build a batch of 10, I've been getting a few PM's now about these boards asking for information / to be put on a list etc.

It appears I'm doing everything correctly, I'm getting a new source for flash chips, I think that is my current problem. Once I get a working board, I'll build more and sell what I have made. If things go well I might do a bigger run etc. But only time will tell. My main goal was to build one or two for myself (I got tired of waiting for one to pop up on sale for a fair price) not to make money etc.

Price should be around 100-130 shipped in the us. Price is mostly dependent on the cost of the flash chips. I am assembling the boards by hand so it takes some time to build and check each board.

If and when these go on sale, I will create a pre-post message a week ahead of time before they go on sale. That way everyone has a fair shot at them. After that week, I'll create a post and the order the replies come in is the order I'll put people on the purchase list.

The new flash chips should be in this week (I only ordered two) just because they were expensive and I want to make sure they fix my problem.

I only do this type of stuff as a hobby, and as such I have other projects I work on as well. So please be patient with me. I have a wife and two dogs that also enjoy my time ;-) and things like game of thrones.

• Like 1

I'm the one trying to build a batch of 10, I've been getting a few PM's now about these boards asking for information / to be put on a list etc.

It appears I'm doing everything correctly, I'm getting a new source for flash chips, I think that is my current problem. Once I get a working board, I'll build more and sell what I have made. If things go well I might do a bigger run etc. But only time will tell. My main goal was to build one or two for myself (I got tired of waiting for one to pop up on sale for a fair price) not to make money etc.

Price should be around 100-130 shipped in the us. Price is mostly dependent on the cost of the flash chips. I am assembling the boards by hand so it takes some time to build and check each board.

If and when these go on sale, I will create a pre-post message a week ahead of time before they go on sale. That way everyone has a fair shot at them. After that week, I'll create a post and the order the replies come in is the order I'll put people on the purchase list.

The new flash chips should be in this week (I only ordered two) just because they were expensive and I want to make sure they fix my problem.

I only do this type of stuff as a hobby, and as such I have other projects I work on as well. So please be patient with me. I have a wife and two dogs that also enjoy my time ;-) and things like game of thrones.

Ill take one thing off your list: Game of Thrones, everyone dies :)

Tons of them are out there, but a lot of people hoard them. I remember one guy had like 5 of them...why???

So when production does cease to exist whomever it is will throw them on eBay for $600 a piece because now they're ultra rare and unobtainable, only to milk the late comers. It's shitty but someone is always and forever going to milk it if they can.

Edited by Clint Thompson