IGNORED

Apple //e, SD cards and modern monitors?

Steve Mynott

I'm shortly to be the owner of a Apple //e Enhanced but don't have any 5.25" floppies or a monitor.

What's the easiest way of using internet downloaded images with SD cards?

Also displaying color and 80 cols on modernish monitors/TVs. Or is there a cheap readily available used composite monitor people recommend?

Thanks I'll try one of those! It came with an ADTPro diskette which also looks useful if I get a serial lead.

Surprised how sharp the text looked on a modern flat panel for the lowish res color games but I guess I need a proper monitor for the 80 cols?

If you don't have a serial card (other than you should eventually get one ;-) ), here:

desiv

That's brilliant! Fortunately I've a Super Serial card so I don't have to return to the audio cassette loading world! Some retro things should stay in the past :)

• Like 2

Thanks I'll try one of those! It came with an ADTPro diskette which also looks useful if I get a serial lead.

Surprised how sharp the text looked on a modern flat panel for the lowish res color games but I guess I need a proper monitor for the 80 cols?

ADTPro is awesome! No matter what, you'll be able to get data onto your Apple IIe. I tried out the audio transfer and it worked brilliantly. Just ran an audio cable from the audio out on the laptop to the audio in on the Apple IIe and voila!

• Like 2