IGNORED

Pigs In The Castle

Greenfuzz

35 minutes ago, alex_79 said:

If you know that he makes unauthorized copies of homebrews, even when the authors of those games specifically asked him to stop, and you still buy any stuff from him, then it means that you're supporting that behavior. No way around it.

So, don't be surprised if people here pick on you for that.

I dont buy homebrews of Hozer already explained. Only endless snow but for all i know Randy was sole distributioner for that game. But i gonna stop this everlasting discussion. Peace out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StormyWeathers said:

I dont buy homebrews of Hozer already explained.

Yes, I got that.
What I tried to explain is that even when you buy other stuff you're still supporting him. If you think that selling homebrews without the authors' permission is bad, and you know that Hozer is doing that, then maybe you shouldn't buy anything from him.

• Like 2

Back to the actual subject of this thread:

Last year I briefly ended my embargo on Hozer so I could satisfy my morbid curiosity and buy a copy of Pigs in the Castle. I started writing a blog post about it, but got derailed by other things and haven't gotten back to it. The gist of it is that PITC isn't so much a game as it is Rudy's personal misogynist revenge fantasy with pretty much no entertainment value unless you share his delusions.

On 5/28/2016 at 2:54 PM, Greenfuzz said:

Does anyone know what the objective is for Pigs In The Castle? Yes...I can collect money and move room to room either killing the pigs or simply ignoring them...but is there a purpose? What is the goal? Is there an end...other than dying...or dying from boredom?

There is an end, but the game is so monotonous I don't blame you for never reaching it.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, ricktr said:

Apparently you're supposed to kill a certain number of pigs which takes you to the big boss. Twice I made it through to a screen with a real tall pig and a box which I assume had a captive. However when I got there I could no longer attack and the boss pig just stood there. Also there was no way to rescue the prisoner. So I ended up just moving around running into the big pig which did nothing, so finally I just turned it off.

You just have to not let the tall pig touch you for 5 minutes Seriously, that's the boss fight. Avoid a slow moving enemy for what feels like forever.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, high voltage said:

Still, it's the effort that counts...After all, he released 3 homebrew games

Maybe if you're posting ROMs online to download for free, but if you're charging $25 for a cartridge, there's no "A for effort." This game is so bad it almost makes me think it's bad on purpose and is just an elaborate joke, but I don't think Rudy's ego would've let him release a game he didn't genuinely believe is awesome.

I just discovered a bug in the boss fight. When the tall pig touches you, you lose money. But, when your money counter reaches 0, instead of the game ending the counter rolls around to 999999. So once you reach the last room, just mute the TV so you don't have to listen to the annoying tone that plays constantly, go to the bathroom or make yourself a snack or something, come back in a few minutes and you'll see this:

1563410714_PigsintheCastle.thumb.png.6e3faf6ffc034890bd4a40d1caf514ea.png