IGNORED

DMCA'ed by Jaguar Land Rover

EmOneGarand

I had an Atari Jaguar t-shirt design up on my Redbubble account for several years now and a couple weeks back I was informed that my design (which is a simplistic vector line drawing) was removed under a copyright claim, that I had somehow violated the copyright and trademark of Jaguar Land Rover. This is complete utter BS.

My Design:

BhmusWX.png

Do any of you confuse this with a luxury car/All Terrain Vehicle brand?

Has anybody else ran a foul with Jaguar Land Rover's legal department for using anything Jag related?

• Like 9

Oh wow, I've been meaning to buy that design for years. Is it back up again (link?) as I'd really like to buy it.

What pricks, Jaguar is simply a word....although that's obviously a car *rolls eyes*.

Edit: I just went to your site and saw it wasn't there anymore :( Maybe you could just rename it (Jag?) and upload it again ;)

Edited by skip

Put wheels on that puppy and a flux capacitor on the expansion port, and it will take you back in time man! 8)

Seriously, that's about as lame as a stock photo of planet Mercury or Saturn (both of which have a car named after them), or even a Sega Saturn, getting takedown for the same reason.

I would be willing to bet you cash money that this wasn't done by a real live person but by a robot. Youtube's takedown notices work the same way.

It might be worth doing g some research on the content of the email (search thespecific email address of the sender, search specific parts of the email to find out if it is a template, etc...), and see if people on redbubble have received similar emails with similar wording. This will help confirm if it is a bot or not. Then you could try some kind of rebuttal through the bot's system (If it exists).

I am with Shamus on this one, this doesn't seem like something a human being would do.

• Like 1

Oh great. Land Rover's legal department must have taken lessons from Atari's one.

I am with Shamus on this one, this doesn't seem like something a human being would do.

Depends whether you think of lawyers as humans. Their behavior don't help their case.

But yeah, this is very far-fetched. A bot seems likely.

• Like 3

the only think i can think of is the word 'Jaguar' but then the image above doesn't have this so if that was the complete desig then i would attempt to find out more information as to why they think this is the case

I'd say probably the word Jaguar combined with the year 1993 and probably done by a web crawling robot.

I would be willing to bet you cash money that this wasn't done by a real live person but by a robot. Youtube's takedown notices work the same way.

I'm fairly certain they just did a search for the word Jaguar and issued a takedown to RB's DMCA email account. I have sent them a counter claim with evidence to how nothing in the design could possibly infringe or confuse anybody to their brand. We shall see where it goes. Considering A) Hasbro released the Jaguar to the public domain as long as the Fuji or Atari name were removed from any content and B) Jaguar is a common word in several languages and is the name of an existing animal, they cannot trademark (at least in US law) the word alone or without context, so their claim of infringement is baseless.

• Like 3

So now that this T-shirt is super rare and unobtainable, how much do you think they'll sell for on eBay..?

I only ever sold 2 so technically only 2 exist so they are "super rare" :lol: everybody wants the Intellivision, 2600, TG-16, Colecovision and SMS ones which are the top sellers.

I could get some Jag ones printed through a screen printer (would be higher quality then what Redbubble or any other on demand garment printers put out) in a small batch if anybody wanted any but there I have to order a minimum of a dozen of whatever size so there's that.