IGNORED

Label Art Opinions?

hizzy

Hi,

I'm a total amateur in Photoshop, but I thought I would attempt to create an Atari label template. I'm wondering if I got the typeset & measurements right. What do you folks think? I still have some things to ad, like a proper "reproduction" disclaimer, but am I on the right track? Thanks!

post-44563-0-02373900-1466791998_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I like the label maker, but there is no way to re-size the image for the label. I wanted to have more options. This is the labelmaker version. You can see the image is a bit short, plus you can't position the image as you want. Also, I find their title font a bit off.

post-44563-0-89822900-1466852063_thumb.jpg

Edited by hizzy
  • Like 1

My biggest complaint about that website is that the edges of the label are white instead of transparent and when I try to put it onto my (Windows) games then it becomes problematic to edit due to anti-aliasing or something.

Are you trying to print labels?

Are you trying to print labels?

No, if I were, I could simply cut them. When I said I wanted to put them to my Windows games, I meant it as in a picture for the computer games, mostly for the loading screens, and due to anti-aliasing, those parts couldn't be edited out well easily.

No, if I were, I could simply cut them. When I said I wanted to put them to my Windows games, I meant it as in a picture for the computer games, mostly for the loading screens, and due to anti-aliasing, those parts couldn't be edited out well easily.

Have you tried a photoshop template?

One thing that is interesting to note on carts is how irregular the font placement is. Nothing is ever perfectly centered. It's kind of quirky!

I think these look great.

At one time I was going to make custom labels for carts where the label fell off, or just snazzy new ones for duplicates.

I've made a few labels for repro games that I had made for me, never got into beyond that. Still think they are cool though.

Are those for actual games that exist? I never saw homebrews for Planet of the Apes or Lord of the Rings! Very cool!

The planet of the Apes game I believe was an unreleased game. Here is some info about it.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/planetoftheapes/planetoftheapes.htm

The Lord of the Rings game was this homebrew text adventure....

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2023

• Like 1

The planet of the Apes game I believe was an unreleased game. Here is some info about it.

Thanks for the link. That was my first time reading that. It sounds like with a little polish that could have been a solid game right there.

• Like 1