IGNORED

FS: Amiga CD32, Amiga 600, Atari STs Mega2, 486 Dos machines Updated 7/7/16

goaltoss

I have forsale some some of my duplicate systems to raise money to buy a couple Arcade Machines. I'll work on pricing for each item if not already listed but till then please feel free to PM me a honest offer. I'll also get close up photos upon request

Amiga CD32

-Original Controller

-Upgraded PSU

-Guardian CD32 game

-Compilation CD of AGA games 100+

System was recapped in 2013

SOLD

Amiga 600

-mouse

-upgraded Pico PSU inside of old psu casing

-a few random games

excellent condition and recapped in 2013

$275

Atari 1040 STfm

-Original Mouse

couple random game floppies

SOLD

Atari 520 STfm

-Upgraded to 1mb can be expanded to 4mb

-Original Mouse

couple random game floppies

$100

Atari Mega2

-Original Mouse

-PSU upgraded to Pico PSU

SOLD

Packard Bell 486 with monitor

-Currently has a 25mhz but a 66mhz chip will be provided if you want to upgrade

-CD Rom drive with ISA Matsushita controller sound card

-Hard drive I think is 250mb

-New bio battery

-Matching 14" Monitor

-Matching keyboard & mouse

$150

post-44952-0-58834800-1467473620_thumb.jpg

post-44952-0-12514500-1467473627_thumb.jpg

post-44952-0-64229500-1467473637_thumb.jpg

post-44952-0-55737100-1467753951_thumb.jpg

post-44952-0-05701500-1467753964_thumb.jpg

Edited by goaltoss
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, goalpost,

I still have received no tracking information that verifies that the Mega ST2 that I purchased from you back on July 8 has been sent, in spite of repeated requests for this information. At this point, private messaging has not been promising, so I decided to have further discussion in the topic where you have listed the items for sale, hoping this might at least clear up the mystery.

Invoice number: 1988 Invoice date: 7/8/2016 Payment terms: Due on receipt Due date: 7/8/2016
Amount Due:

$0.00

Bill To:
envisionocity@fastmail.com
Description Quantity Price Amount Atari Mega ST2
with original keyboard and mouse. Random Floppy games 1 $175.00 $175.00 Atari SM124 High Rez B&W monitor 1 $25.00 $25.00 Monitor Shipping 1 $12.18 $12.18 Mega ST2 Shipping 1 $17.16 $17.16
Subtotal $229.34 Total $229.34 Amount Paid -$229.34 Amount Due $0.00 USD
Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Jul 8, 2016 Payment To asher investments llc Completed ... -$229.34 USD Related Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Jul 8, 2016 Add Funds from a Bank Account CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Details $229.34 USD
Business Name: asher investments llc (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email: segarocks@outlook.com Payment For: Invoice #1988

On July 8, you messaged me:

I'll get some boxes after work today for shipping. It will need to go in two boxes for safety.

On July 12, you messaged me:

Sorry was away for a wedding Saturday and Sunday... Sadly I didn't get it out but its ready to go first thing in the morning.

On July 15, you messaged me:

Sorry it took me so long to reply back. I just got home from work, had a few call outs so I had to pull an extra 4 hours =

I do have some sad news I came home and the packages I mailed yesterday were sitting on my doorstep. Apparently the boxes I picked up to ship them in had these Lithium Ion Battery stickers on them and the packages were flagged because they didn't have the correct paper work included.

I honestly didn't even notice them on the boxes until I read the return reason and looked on the bottom of the boxes. This is the first I've ever had this happen. I did speak with USPS customer service via there website and they said I can take the packages back in the morning and they refund me the old labels and generate new labels at the counter.

I just need to rip off the Lithium Ion Battery stickers or tape something over them first is what the rep told me. Thankfully Im off work tomorrow so I can swing by and get them corrected and back on your way via Priority Mail.

On July 16 and again on July 19, I messaged you, asking for an update and (as I requested after every assurance from you in the messages before) the tracking information for the packaged.

On July 19, I received the following message:

Hello Timothy

This is Ashton's wife msg you on his behalf. Your package were delayed by a day but mailed on Saturday with Delivery later this week.

She indicated that you had been in a car accident and that she was handling your messages in the meantime, although it looks like you've been active on this site since the 19th.

I expressed my condolences for the situation and my hopes for a speedy recovery-- and that I, at a minimum, be provided the tracking information for the FedEx shipment. However, there has once again been no further response-- and certainly no arrival of the Atari Mega ST2, even today (July 23). I do see that you have finally shown the Mega ST2 as having been sold in the original post.

Without a tracking number being provided to me, and considering the delays in responses, I'm left with few options and am therefore asking you publicly for the requested information so that I can confirm actual shipment and expected arrival date. I understand circumstances arise, and accidents happen. Still, there is no rational explanation why someone couldn't copy-and-paste the tracking information I've asked for from the very beginning, and cleared up the mystery here-- yet could message me that the system is on its way.

If you feel there IS a valid reason for the persistent omission, I am more than willing to listen. But continued delay only worsens confidence more than it has already been eroded up to this point, so I expect a prompt response from either you or, if you are unable, your wife posting the response in your behalf in this thread.

Without the tracking information, I have no reason to believe that the system I've paid for has even been shipped, at least at this point.

Respectfully,
Timothy Kline

You know, I had real strong red flags come up when I inquired about that huge nes lot. Now I know why it didn't go through. He was just looking to scam some fast cash and my 2 week wait and additional pictures I requested dampened his intentions.

On July 15, you messaged me:

Sorry it took me so long to reply back. I just got home from work, had a few call outs so I had to pull an extra 4 hours =

I do have some sad news I came home and the packages I mailed yesterday were sitting on my doorstep. Apparently the boxes I picked up to ship them in had these Lithium Ion Battery stickers on them and the packages were flagged because they didn't have the correct paper work included.

BS BS BS. There is NO way in hell a package got flagged and sent back to him the VERY NEXT DAY!

You know, I had real strong red flags come up when I inquired about that huge nes lot. Now I know why it didn't go through. He was just looking to scam some fast cash and my 2 week wait and additional pictures I requested dampened his intentions.

BS BS BS. There is NO way in hell a package got flagged and sent back to him the VERY NEXT DAY!

icemanxp300,

You must be talking about the listing he created that now has been changed to say "No longer available"... which, now that I look at it, says it was created at 11:29p, only 28 minutes after the message from "this is Ashton's wife" telling me she had to handle his messages because he couldn't.

--Tim

Yep that is the thread. I'm not sure how much of a deal it was but it was huge. 121 nes games in boxes for $1900 and it had many games that would sell for $100 +. There was not a whole lot of crap games, hell even in this high priced nes market crap games complete are still worth $10. Do the math and 121 games for $1900 shipped is like $15.70 per game which I would pay all day long for practically every game in that lot.

I didn't even bother to price them out as I knew it was worth way more. I'm just glad I spent most of my surplus money and have been too lazy to sell it all or I may have attempted a deal quicker. However I would not have even considered w/out additional pics.

It's complete crap because on my initial contact on buying the lot I had a response instantly from him, then after requesting more pictures and said I needed 2 weeks, all communication dropped. I even sent another follow-up and still no response.

Yep that is the thread. I'm not sure how much of a deal it was but it was huge. 121 nes games in boxes for $1900 and it had many games that would sell for $100 +. There was not a whole lot of crap games, hell even in this high priced nes market crap games complete are still worth $10. Do the math and 121 games for $1900 shipped is like $15.70 per game which I would pay all day long for practically every game in that lot.

I didn't even bother to price them out as I knew it was worth way more. I'm just glad I spent most of my surplus money and have been too lazy to sell it all or I may have attempted a deal quicker. However I would not have even considered w/out additional pics.

It's complete crap because on my initial contact on buying the lot I had a response instantly from him, then after requesting more pictures and said I needed 2 weeks, all communication dropped. I even sent another follow-up and still no response.

Having been burned on GreedBay enough times these last few months, I've learned to keep good documentation and screenshots in the event of problems. If I don't hear back from him very soon, I'll proceed with my legal options-- which is unfortunate, since I've given him every benefit of the doubt up to this point. I didn't expect to get burned here on the Marketplace, too.

I am convinced that finally going public was the right thing to do, as I see a couple others notified him that they'd PM'd him. He didn't eve mark off the Mega ST2 until the last day or so... a point I raised with him on at least one occasion during the private messaging, lest others think it was still available after I'd already paid for it. If what you're saying is a reflection of what's happened here, too, then it gave him plenty of time to collect multiple payments.

As I said, if I haven't heard back very soon, I'll just go forward with my legal options and take this to the next level for fraud.

--Tim

Im assuming that "car accident" is a line of bullshit. I had been PMing with him on Nintendo age about buying some of those boxed games from that lot he had up that iceman is talking about. Anyways look at the dates and times I got PM's from him (wasnt his "car accident" the 19th?)

07/19/2016 11:32 PM - goaltoss (1)

Hey

Starship Hector at $20 sounds fair.

Send me your list of all games interested and I'll get you prices.

Shipping is free if over $100, otherwise its $5 first game $1 each additional game

07/19/2016 11:57 PM - goaltoss (1)

Hey

Yep Rockin Cats is good

Feel free to make me an offer on gyruss

07/21/2016 10:54 AM - goaltoss (1)

Hey Im away for work till tomorow night. So I'm holding off doing any transactions till then. That way I dont get anyones order confussed.

(that was the last PM from him)

Goaltoss, if you lie about a car accident to screw someone over on some video games thats dirty as shit and I hope there is a healthy dose of bad karma on its way to you

Tim, I wish you luck in resolving your problems.

Im assuming that "car accident" is a line of bullshit. I had been PMing with him on Nintendo age about buying some of those boxed games from that lot he had up that iceman is talking about.

You had better inform the people on NA he is most likely a scammer.

As far as PM's his pm to me was on "Sent Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 AM" asking me how long it would take me to get funds.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up, PayPal has completed its investigation this morning and determined that there has, indeed, been fraudulent activity on the part of goaltoss, and is returning my funds while proceeding with their own actions against goaltoss for engaging in fraud.

I have reported goaltoss's actions both in the Bad Traders section and in the User Feedback section to hopefully save anyone else from having to go through this... at least under the username goaltoss (which he also uses on eBay).

I guess I'm back on the market for an Atari Mega ST2 or 4 now...

--Tim

Sad. I almost bought a 130xe from him. I sure hope it is something else but hope is fading faster than a womprat being blasted by a t-16.

At this point, I have seen no evidence of there being anything that either prevented goaltoss from shipping the Mega ST2, sending me the tracking information, or communicating with me that a refund was on its way for this reason or that— especially factoring in goaltoss's activity during the time I was being ignored. Continued sales both here and on eBay indicates that he was willing to get money, but his reasons for defrauding me are something only he knows.

Using the excuse of being in an "accident" and having a "concussion" would hardly account for posting additional for-sales here and on eBay, or the flat-out lie that the Mega ST2 had been shipped out and was on its way while also denying me the tracking information. Even PayPal saw through the fraud and decided the case swifter than their projected 30 days for disputes— for which I'm thankful.

After I began to realize that I'd been conned, I went on to find that there were numerous online complaints against the business, Asher Investments LLC, so, circumstantially speaking, there is a pattern.

My faults in this transaction are that 1) I was too eager and starry-eyed about buying a Mega ST2 in the first place AND being of the opinion that surely nobody here on AtariAge would screw over a fellow AtariAge member; and 2) being too honest a person myself, thus being naive regarding someone else having the mutual respect and consideration in upholding their end of the transaction as I was by promptly seeing to it that they received their payment. In my naivete, I extended the benefit of doubt until it was obvious that the only person who had a problem with how things went down was me, and I finally was left with nothing but the decision to initiate legal recourse.

I certainly have no expectations of getting an apology from goaltoss, because that would require a conscience that was not only bothered by doing such a thing— but was motivated to set the matter right again. But then maybe he feels that PayPal taking my money back from him is sufficient.

In any case, I'm a little wiser today than I was before I crossed paths with goaltoss.

As for goaltoss, it's his own right on how he wants to be known and remembered by others and it appears that he's made peace with being known and remembered as a fraudster. Taking up another username will only hide that (for a time); it won't change it. And he may be okay with that, too.

--Tim

Edited by Timothy Kline
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

So I was cleaning up my inbox, when I saw a convo from four years ago with a user adolobe in North Carolina, which is no longer a registered name. At the time I made a purchase, and never received anything. I inquired, and he said he'd send a replacement, which I also never received. Finally he got back to me, stating that he'd gotten both items returned to him by USPS without explanation. The reason I found this thread was that he used the Paypal account of "asher investments llc" and associated with the following emails....

cartoonkid80@yahoo.com

segarocks@outlook.com

busterm@charter.net

Luckily what I purchased was less than $6 so I wound up just telling him to forget about it, and leave it at that. Hmm, seems like he's still in the scamming business!

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 2