IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Don't ruin his masterplan to save Nintendo ... sell more Wii U.

It is also selling more New 3DS and NX by using past Nintendo first party titles more aggressively to increase the perceived value of the Nintendo platform as a whole.

Seriously Nintendo should hire him.

Breaking News: Schizophrenic president and founder of Nintendo's Department of Marioland Security demands pay increase because "The voices" are people too:

"For the last 5 and a half years my team and I have worked hard to answer the question,"Why Nintendo?" and the numbers show that the public is starting to see that answer. The way my team and I work is that we acquire a massive collection of retro games, consoles, accessories, pinball machines, etc. for our research lab to help inspire us with how to make them relevant in today's market. Nintendo doesn't pay for this research. I fund the research lab and collection with my own money. I also have to pay my team out of my own pocket with what is left. This is making my team feel unappropriated and morale is down. Now that Nintendo has acquired SEGA's assets my team's job has become even more challenging. We need a bigger lab and more games. This leaves my team with an income below poverty level and I fear many of them may quit. Nintendo's justification for this exploitation is that they falsely claim that my research lab is nothing more than my own personal game room and that my team is imaginary. Even if these accusations and conspiracy theories were true my question to Nintendo is,"But isn't the research working and do you think that SpaceX delivers research materials up here to the lab for free?"

• Like 1

I'm just DELIGHTED that they put Double Dragon II (The Revenge!) on there. It wasn't til I got older that I found out that wasn't universally considered top-echelon. I was stunned. It's mind-boggling to me that other greats like Contra are $40, but I see DDII (The Revenge!) for twelve bucks all over the place. I hope more people who haven't tried it will give it a whirl and enjoy it. Beat 'em ups like that seem to be a fading memory in the retro gaming discussion. And while I'm among those who love River City Ransom, I feel like that wouldn't have been an appropriate choice for this, with the leveling up, etc. DDII (The Revenge!) is a lot more straight-forward and "pick-up-and-play". Easier for non-gamers to jump in.

I'm not saying that's a "make-or-break" game for me on a broad-spectrum, general-audience offering like this. I wouldn't have EXPECTED it on one of these, but would have hoped. But for some alternate-reality version of me that wasn't a retro gamer today, that would definitely push me over the edge into "no questions asked".

Also if WIIU is so bad then it should be on clearance right now. 32gb is 229 at gamestop used. And 8gb is 199. Only 30 difference. And it was originally 300 and 350 if I remember correctly so even 229 is too much. Or 2 refurbished ones are 224. And there is a white 8gb swap force bundle for 172.97. But even that is too much isn't it?

Right before or after NX comes out do you think WIIU will ever goto 99 dollars or will it always be high?

"For the last 5 and a half years my team and I have worked hard to answer the question,"Why Nintendo?" and the numbers show that the public is starting to see that answer. The way my team and I work is that we acquire a massive collection of retro games, consoles, accessories, pinball machines, etc. for our research lab to help inspire us with how to make them relevant in today's market. Nintendo doesn't pay for this research. I fund the research lab and collection with my own money. I also have to pay my team out of my own pocket with what is left. This is making my team feel unappropriated and morale is down. Now that Nintendo has acquired SEGA's assets my team's job has become even more challenging. We need a bigger lab and more games. This leaves my team with an income below poverty level and I fear many of them may quit. Nintendo's justification for this exploitation is that they falsely claim that my research lab is nothing more than my own personal game room and that my team is imaginary. Even if these accusations and conspiracy theories were true my question to Nintendo is,"But isn't the research working and do you think that SpaceX delivers research materials up here to the lab for free?"

tl;dr

looked like a rant.

Seriously, they should hire you so we'll all see what you are capable of.

From armchair marketing expert to real world problems .... maybe you'll see that they did right the way they did.

If they tank badly I'll eat my sock, if they do good you'll eat yours, how's that?

I'll buy one I am pretty sure, maybe not at 60$ but I'll buy one eventually.

It's not Nintendo pulling a Sega. They want to corner the nostalgia market.

"Cornering the market" is so mike kennedy and lame. Nintendo is going to command it and penetrate it! Then blow your balls off! Just look what they have for 2018 already.

I used to like Atari up till very recently. But from now on anything that has "Atari" on it isn't going to get our money, investment or purchase.

• Like 1

These types of manufacturers that sacrifice quality in order to save costs will in the long run not only lose customers but allow their competitors to become the industry leaders. There is a fine line on how much quality can be sacrificed for a lower price point before losing customers to a competitor's superior product on the market with the same price point.

They do? Well if they do, their marketing departments can just make everything all better.. Most people buy PR like candy.

Also if WIIU is so bad then it should be on clearance right now. 32gb is 229 at gamestop used. And 8gb is 199. Only 30 difference. And it was originally 300 and 350 if I remember correctly so even 229 is too much. Or 2 refurbished ones are 224. And there is a white 8gb swap force bundle for 172.97. But even that is too much isn't it?

Right before or after NX comes out do you think WIIU will ever goto 99 dollars or will it always be high?

Neither the X360 or PS3 have gotten down to $99 new, and I doubt they ever will. Why would you expect the WiiU to be priced at $99? Especially since it has a pricey tablet bundled with it. While the Wii did get rather cheap in the end, it was made with older tech. I bet we'll never see a console officially priced at $99 again, in any stage of it's lifetime.

• Like 2

Neither the X360 or PS3 have gotten down to $99 new, and I doubt they ever will. Why would you expect the WiiU to be priced at $99? Especially since it has a pricey tablet bundled with it. While the Wii did get rather cheap in the end, it was made with older tech. I bet we'll never see a console officially priced at $99 again, in any stage of it's lifetime.

I hate to say it, but this is probably true. Thanks to newer consoles being more complex, combined with inflation, the $200 starter console is now the equivalent of the $99 starter from the 80s and 90s.

The gamepad controller was always a limiting factor in how low the U's price could be cut. Although they'll never admit it, I'm sure within a year of launch, they would gladly have left it out of the box, if they could.

• Like 1

At least Super C is in there, almost nearly as good as the original. But yeah, I agree, it would have been nice if the first one was there.

The last time I realized that Contra was the superior game was how easily Super C was beaten once you get the hang of it...as a matter of fact, during the High Score NES rounds a few years back...pretty sure you or asponge or perhaps someone else really cranked up the record with like 8 rounds :D

I've never even played Super C but the game has me scarred for life.

DO NOT CLICK!!!

SERIOUSLY, YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO CLICK HERE!!

CONSIDER THIS YOUR FINAL WARNING!!!

DON'T SAY i DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

ONCE SEEN, YOU CAN NEVER UNSEE!!!

YOU ARE ONE DETERMINED MUTHA!!!

OKAY HERE GOES, SICKO!!!

810146FD-90DD-E901-581CAE65CFF782BD.png

THANK YOU NINTENDOAGE, FOR THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES... :woozy:

...i just HAD to click on and on :D

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but this is probably true. Thanks to newer consoles being more complex, combined with inflation, the $200 starter console is now the equivalent of the $99 starter from the 80s and 90s.

The gamepad controller was always a limiting factor in how low the U's price could be cut. Although they'll never admit it, I'm sure within a year of launch, they would gladly have left it out of the box, if they could.

Because original wii is under 100 used now at gamestop. And because after EOL (end of life) all consoles should be dirt cheap. If NX becomes 250 and a used WIIU is stll 230 then would anyone ever buy a WIIU when for 20 bucks more you can have a NX.

All I know is I paid $100 for a Game Cube in 2004 while the system was still in it's prime. Wii sold 100 million units, so a Gimped version for under $100 is entirely reasonable. I don't think Wii-U will ever be under $100. It sold poorly and has a highly desireable library of games. Anybody waiting for a massive price drop on this thing to buy it new or used on clearance after NX releases will be sorely disappointed. Doesn't look like sub $100 PS3s or 360s are a thing either, so don't delude yourself that it will happen to Wii-U just because Wiis are cheap as dirt.

If the Wii U ever drops below $200, it will probably be for a very short period of time simply to move the final units out there on store shelves. That hasn't happened yet and I wouldn't expect it to happen until after the NX is out. Currently Nintendo's stance is that they are fully supporting the system and it is currently available for sale at all avenues of videogame retail.

• Like 1

Because original wii is under 100 used now at gamestop. And because after EOL (end of life) all consoles should be dirt cheap. If NX becomes 250 and a used WIIU is stll 230 then would anyone ever buy a WIIU when for 20 bucks more you can have a NX.

Used consoles are an entirely different thing. Hell I paid $50 for an used Wii and that came with two games (Zelda:TP and Mario Cart).

The Wii did reach that $99 price point, but it wasn't as expensive as the WiiU in the first place and, thanks to PS3 original pricing, was over priced to begin with so there was a lot of room to cut pricing. Also the Wii sold over 100 million consoles. Nintendo made their money back on that console early on. The WiiU will never sell enough units to get a end of life MSRP of $99.

if the silly asking prices for used Atari Jaguars are any indication, the value of a Wii U is only going to go up. Collectors love "loser" systems.

Yes, but the WiiU won't be Nintendo's last system like the Jag was for Atari. That special place is reserved for the NX!

• Like 2

Do you mean the original NES cartridges? If so, I don't think the Mini-NES will make much of a difference. The collectors' market and the players' market are two different things.

Yes but most of these games are expensive not because they are rare but because they are good bubble bobble, Kirby, castlevanna, heck super Mario 3 just to name three are a lot of times more then they should be because the person selling it knows they are games people really want so this as a way to get them that will be a lot cheaper.

Edited by maxdrive