IGNORED

Help! How can I format roms to run on MAME 0.34?

pauline

Help! I need info on how to format ROM'S to run on MAME 0.34? I am trying to format games to run on MAME4ALL on Dreamcast. How can I load in games which may have CHD's. Such as "Red Earth" or load in samples on games which have voice? Any info would be helpful.

Help! I need info on how to format ROM'S to run on MAME 0.34? I am trying to format games to run on MAME4ALL on Dreamcast. How can I load in games which may have CHD's. Such as "Red Earth" or load in samples on games which have voice? Any info would be helpful.

Sorry to break it to you but it is simply not possible. Mame for Dreamcast will run only the older most basic games and even then not always at full speed. You would not be able to run even the newest version of games let alone games that require CHD's. The Dreamcast while an awesome console for it's time is not up to running the games you are trying to run. Even a well spec'd PC often has trouble running many games that utilize CHD's.

You'd need a ROM set for that version of MAME. That set comes with audio samples for some games since it only emulated sound for some titles and used samples for the rest).

I'm pretty sure it's the same set of ROMs that worked with MAME32 v. 0.35 and 0.36 (and possibly up to and a bit past 0.57).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are utilities you can download that will take your existing roms and create a set compatible with another version of Mame. The version of MAME the DC uses won't support any game that uses CHDs. You need to take a look at the version number the DC is running and either download a proper set or download a utility to do that for you. I've done this before and once you figure out the conversion tool, it's easy. I would reccomend that you make a copy of your MAME files and work with them. It's very easy to accidentally screw up your ROMS. Work with the copy and no matter how bad your mistake is, you won't screw up your MAME ROMS.