IGNORED

Wisdom Tree Plug and Play Kickstarter!

Piko just and FYI, I backed your KS for the NES cart. Been waiting for the fabled NES multicart for a long time. Not really interested in the P&P though as it would just add to the clutter. I think it's a great concept but they really dogpiled you in the NA thread though. Screw them. I still think you're a good guy.

Also what is this I hear of a Tyrannosaur game for GBC? ;-)

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that certain unnamed parties on NintendoAge have harassed me due to this post (see underline). I didn't mean to offend anybody or get their feathers ruffled. Just stop it, okay?

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 1

Piko just and FYI, I backed your KS for the NES cart. Been waiting for the fabled NES multicart for a long time. Not really interested in the P&P though as it would just add to the clutter. I think it's a great concept but they really dogpiled you in the NA thread though. Screw them. I still think you're a good guy.

Also what is this I hear of a Tyrannosaur game for GBC? ;-)

That's because posters at NA are spazzes. I remember playing Spiritual Warfare as a kid, but on the PC since we didn't have a console. Neat idea for a PNP, although $30 US is a little too much for me.

hey Guys! PNP is mostly to enter again the world of Christian Stores/Library. NES and Genesis carts is to cater to the long time fans and retro gamers.

So we tried to not forget about anyone =D

Stardust! Thank you! I really appreciate your ongoing support!! TTEX is a cool Gameboy Color Game we will releasing soon! Stay Tuned! Also to answer your comment about the quality. The quality of the controller is better than Yobo, more like Retro bit clone consoles =D. Also about the 30 dollar price, remember 10% goes to KS (3 bucks) and then shipping, shipping supplies, and handling so that adds another 6 bucks or so. In reality the Super Early bird backers are getting it for like 20 bucks.

As for NA thread, if you don't may know, NA hates, bans and slanders anyone that is not following their agenda, steps on their tows, doesn't keep the best interest of their (mafia) inner circle, or brings "radical" (more like reason and logic) ideas to their forum.

I can't feel more sorry for the competitors of ours on that thread that need to spread rumors and talk bad about another company to make their self relevant. All I think is this.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1

hey Guys! PNP is mostly to enter again the world of Christian Stores/Library. NES and Genesis carts is to cater to the long time fans and retro gamers.

I hope you have done your market research here -- in Canada, at least, religious bookstores are steadily closing. A major Canadian chain of some 6 to 8 stores went bankrupt in January, and many of the small, independents are struggling. I live in a municipality of 1 M+ people, and there are no such shops renaming. Ten years ago, there were about 5.

I have no idea how these types of stores are faring in the United States (much less Europe), but make sure that there is a customer base in place before you commit to producing too many units.

• Like 1

I hope you have done your market research here -- in Canada, at least, religious bookstores are steadily closing. A major Canadian chain of some 6 to 8 stores went bankrupt in January, and many of the small, independents are struggling. I live in a municipality of 1 M+ people, and there are no such shops renaming. Ten years ago, there were about 5.

I have no idea how these types of stores are faring in the United States (much less Europe), but make sure that there is a customer base in place before you commit to producing too many units.

Several of the Christian bookstores in my area have closed, but the ones that stayed open actually increased their floor space. Faith is still very strong in the south / bible belt. I can't speak for places like NY/Cali or Canada though.

Sorry didn't mean to devolve into a religion post as it wasn't my intent.

I think one issue with many stores is people just buy stuff online rather than step inside a shop. Special interest / nich / hobby brick and mortar stores are a dying breed with the likes of two-day Amazon Prime free shipping and no sales tax. They simply cannot compete.

That said, plug and plays are exactly the type of thing to attract customers in a retail store. Religious games are non-existent on modern game consoles as well and fewer people are buying PCs anymore. I have had fun with the Wisdom tree games even though most gamers/collectors claim they suck. The bible questions are unoffensive and if you answer them correctly you get free powerups and stuff!

Amazing how even as a church going adult, I've forgotten a lot of the stuff they drilled into me in Sunday school as a kid. :P

In our Region (We are in Texas) There is a Mega Church on every corner, most of them have their own store and a big majority an actual school. It really depends on the region you live in.

But yeah I understand that in some places they are closing down.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1

PNP is mostly to enter again the world of Christian Stores/Library.

I think this is a smart plan. I said in the Coleco Chameleon thread that I am totally not a part of the faith-based market, but earlier in my life when I was much closer to it, I saw that churchgoers would gladly go into a Christian bookstore and buy a pack of pens with Bible verses printed on them for four times the price that the same pens (minus the Bible verses) would have cost at Wal-Mart. The faith-based market isn't widely thought of as a lucrative market, but it's possible to make some very healthy margins if the people in it perceive you to be "one of their own," because when they make their purchasing decisions, they also see themselves as making a statement with their dollars.

You'll probably even get some interest from mainstream audiences who remember these games. I only remember seeing the Wisdom Tree games in my local church bookstore (they had a Wisdom Tree poster up, and probably stocked one or two titles), but even though they may have had a limited distribution at the time, a surprising number of people seem to remember throwing Baby Moses around and carrying a stack of farm animals into the Ark in Bible Adventures.

Best of luck with your venture! It looks as if you're well on track to making your goal!

• Like 1

Throwing baby Moses into the River was epic. Now you've not only committed murder (unless the guards made you drop him) but you must also suicide (considered by some faiths to be an unforgivable sin) because you cannot complete the stage without baby Moses and he does not respawn at the beginning either. I never could finish that stage because the guards always rushed me, causing me to drop poor Moses. I got quite far with Noah though. He must have had herculean strenth to carry up to seven animals on his head! Also I loved that you could run faster than the screen could scroll by holding B. Only side scrolling NES game I know of where you can do that. :P

The games aren't that great, but it's definitely an amusing thing to collect. I'm especially in for the multi-cart. I have a massive NES/FC collection (350+), but only have Bible Adventures.

I would like the Arkade device to look different from your regular NES controller clone though. Baby blue color for the controller shell would be ideal.

Edited by Tempy

The Bible and other mythological stories are full of magic, superheroes, perillous situations, etc. There is much to do with them or around them, just think of the success of the Kratos games.

Except the audience might get offended if too much artistic license is used, which creative types would normally want. So the games can end up feeling uninspired.

I have a non-religious non-gaming anecdote that comes to mind. I have this comic book version of Three Kingdoms (classic novel) which starts with a preface (in small font prose) complaining about how young people aren't reading that much and comics are garbage, so here is something to bridge that gap etc. etc. Turns out the comic they made has a lot of pacing issues and is very had to follow; it feels more like an illustration of the novel. What potentially could have been a great comic turned out boring as a history lecture. You can tell the people who made it don't get the medium. Oops.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 2

I think there is a middle ground that you can reach, between making two Crystal Mines clones with Bible characters, or a Super Mario Bros 2 ripoff , and in somr games, just throw some bible related quizz and call it "a bible game" and making a totally original game that doesn't respect the original texts and have too much offensive content.

Well thinking about it, the Flight to Egypt game for example, could be a very decent game if it was more polished and had variations , like a part on a raft, etc.. Even Baby Moses (can't recall the title now) could be decent.

Spiritual Warfare could benefit from a save feature rather than a password system, but that's about it really :D

Sunday Funday.... where do I even start? :D

• Like 1

Sunday Funday.... where do I even start? :D

Remember, your precious "Bible" game?

sundayfunday07.gif

It was inspired by this:

sundayfunday06.gif

Childhood ruined! |:):evil:

I think there is a middle ground that you can reach, between making two Crystal Mines clones with Bible characters, or a Super Mario Bros 2 ripoff , and in somr games, just throw some bible related quizz and call it "a bible game" and making a totally original game that doesn't respect the original texts and have too much offensive content.

Regarding anyone considering producing religious themed hacks or homebrew, it may be wise to consult a preacher or clergyman for suggestions and to make sure the material included in the game is Kosher and accurate to the teachings of the Bible. If an old game is hacked, make sure you have acquired any related rights and have permission of the content owners.

For it is written, "Thou Shalt Not Steal." ~Exodus 20:15

• Like 1

sundayfunday07.gif

It was inspired by this:

sundayfunday06.gif

Childhood ruined! | :):evil:

Regarding anyone considering producing religious themed hacks or homebrew, it may be wise to consult a preacher or clergyman for suggestions and to make sure the material included in the game is Kosher and accurate to the teachings of the Bible. If an old game is hacked, make sure you have acquired any related rights and have permission of the content owners.

Yeah, hacks need to be done with the permission of the original rom devs. Developed games from scratch are good.

I been toying with the idea of making tools for Spiritual warfare to hack it completely, release it with a non-commercial license with the opportunity of us liking the game and buying it etc to make carts. Doesn't necessarily needs to be done Bible oriented; this would be more on the Piko side.

• Like 1

As for NA thread, if you don't may know, NA hates, bans and slanders anyone that is not following their agenda, steps on their tows, doesn't keep the best interest of their (mafia) inner circle, or brings "radical" (more like reason and logic) ideas to their forum.

I can't feel more sorry for the competitors of ours on that thread that need to spread rumors and talk bad about another company to make their self relevant. All I think is this.

NA mods and users have sometimes been too aggressive in banning and attacking persons who expouse minority views, such as the bullying and temporary ban of Tim Atwood. However, it takes a certain amount of extra effort to make it here : http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=94490. Given the (holy?) spirit of the thread, one is reminded of John 8:7 or, perhaps more apropos, Matthew 7:1

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1

Great Hierophant, agreed we should all let bygones be bygones.

Good verses. I quoted "judge not" before realizing you already mentioned it.

• "Judge not, that ye be judged." Matt 7:1
  • "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

I'd also like to add another to the list:

• "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

If there's area I can fault the NintendoAge community, it is the total lack of forgiveness with their "one strike; you're out!" policy regarding HoS.

Great Hierophant, agreed we should all let bygones be bygones.

Good verses. I quoted "judge not" before realizing you already mentioned it.

• "Judge not, that ye be judged." Matt 7:1
  • "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

I'd also like to add another to the list:

• "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

If there's area I can fault the NintendoAge community, it is the total lack of forgiveness with their "one strike; you're out!" policy regarding HoS.

Is more of a witch hunt. If one mafia member calls you a witch, then you are a witch and get executed, no matter the facts.

• Like 1

sundayfunday07.gif

It was inspired by this:

sundayfunday06.gif

Childhood ruined! | :):evil:

I never even know they were pirate games on the NES, and I don't think any of those Wisdom Tree games made it to Europe.

So I just take those games as what they are. And about stealing, Menace Beach is a Color Dream game, so there is no stealing, but merely a lazy revamp.

Problem is consulting a priest is that you'll get different vibes from different people, and of different churches.

Just say "video game" at the Westboro Baptist Church (does it still exist, BTW?) and you'll be doomed to hell.

On the other hand, I remember reading that some clergymen were enthusiast about Doom since it was about fighting devil creature, so it was very compatible with God's will, where other frowned upon the gratuitous violence.

And you will ahve things that please or don't bother catholics but displease protestants,etc... So IMO, just do'nt bother too much and just use the main canvas of the story. Anyway, much of the more epic stuff in the Bible is in the Ancient one, where you have the most concensus on the story and interpretation. The parts were Christians branches usually get to disagree is the New Testament, so, stick to the first part.

Can't beat a 40 day worldwide flood anyway.

Thinking about it, it's kind of like any game based off licensed property.

When the license holders get in the way of the design too much, gameplay suffers. If the game is designed by committee trying to stay in the good graces of the licensor, gameplay suffers. If the developer is lazy and just slaps a license on top of a generic engine, playing the game will be a bore.

There are great licensed games out there, but not many can pull them off.

(I haven't tried these so this isn't a value judgement of them; just a general observation)

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1