IGNORED

What the Blix?

Jesus. That must have been the ONE copy that was bought at CGE, and not snatched up by the rabid collectors here. Insane. Gamer's Paradise is usually reasonable on common to semi-rare pre-crash stuff, but anything remotely rare they do tend to do their homework on. I guess they couldn't find any info on something that sells maybe once a year.

Crazy good deal. Personally I'd be flipping it on Ebay within about 30 seconds for a quick buck, as it's a pretty shite game.

I have wondered who it was that sold the game to gamer's paradise. They obviously didn't know the value of what they had and I bet they got less than $40 for it. I would think it was probably more like $20-25.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I'm definitely going to try it out before I even really consider selling it. If I like the game then it'll stay in my collection. If it's crap like freewheel claims then I just might sell it. Then again, even if it is crap, I might keep it just to be one of 30 people with a copy. You know, I bet there are probably less than 30 people with a copy because I'm sure Cmart and Rev probably have multiple copies each. [emoji12]

Anyway, I've got 2 weeks left in Vegas then I'll be home to try this baby out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Making new copies of Blix wouldn't be terribly hard. I wouldn't count on the "only 30 copies" holding much water, at least not in the $300/copy sense.

I don't doubt that you could make a cartridge with the game on it,...a bootleg. But unless you copy Harvey D's circuit board, you're going to be hard pressed to make a copy that can't be identified as such.

And, if it gets re-released, I'm sure that Mike Hayes will fix the game. The version currently out there will be unique, so the people who bought it for big bucks, for better or worse, will still have a very limited release.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that you could make a cartridge with the game on it,...a bootleg. But unless you copy Harvey D's circuit board, you're going to be hard pressed to make a copy that can't be identified as such.

And, if it gets re-released, I'm sure that Mike Hayes will fix the game. The version currently out there will be unique, so the people who bought it for big bucks, for better or worse, will still have a very limited release.

I think he means not to count on only 30 copies having been made at all; originals, not bootlegs.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I think he means not to count on only 30 copies having been made at all; originals, not bootlegs.

I kinda mean all of the above.

I suppose it's possible that every single copy of Blix has been opened and verified for having the correct silkscreening on the board, and every time they change hands in the future the same happens. And that the 10x resale prices will hold up even if another 200 copies were printed legitimately. And that we know for sure that only 30 copies were ever made, even though one somehow got sold for less the CGE price to a retail shop.

It's all possible, I just don't see it being likely. If "only 30 copies" of a kinda crappy game means I can make 30x$300 in perpetuity, I have a lot more releases on the way. :D

There are only 30 copies. I don't doubt the integrity of Michael from Good Deal Games, or Harvey, both of whom I know personally......you, I'm not so sure of.

Nice way of turning my comment into a personal attack. Classy. :roll:

I kinda mean all of the above.

I suppose it's possible that every single copy of Blix has been opened and verified for having the correct silkscreening on the board, and every time they change hands in the future the same happens. And that the 10x resale prices will hold up even if another 200 copies were printed legitimately. And that we know for sure that only 30 copies were ever made, even though one somehow got sold for less the CGE price to a retail shop.

It's all possible, I just don't see it being likely. If "only 30 copies" of a kinda crappy game means I can make 30x$300 in perpetuity, I have a lot more releases on the way. :D

Your wording isn't totally clear to me, but if you are saying that the Retro video game store in L.V. sold it for LESS than what it was selling for at CGE, I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. I'm guessing that the retro store either bought a copy there and added a few bucks to it and re-sold it, unaware that certain people were so determined to get a copy that they would pay 10 X the original value or a local bought the game, didn't like it and dumped it at the store, also unaware it was a rare game.

Good Deal Games had permission by contract from AtGames to release only 30 copies and that is what they did. No more. GDG would not mess around with a deal that saw their name being attached to Atari Flashback units in order to 'trick' people into thinking that there were only 30 and 'cash in'. There are only 30 copies. That is an adequate number for the Atari retro scene so Michael figured it was adequate for the Intellivision retro scene. That's where the number '30' comes from. There is no conspiracy nor a lack of integrity.

• Like 1

Your 'comment' attacked the personal integrity of a good friend of mine. Classy indeed.

Actually, I was trying to clarify what Freewheel said, based on my understanding of his comment. But you know, context. ;)

Actually, I was trying to clarify what Freewheel said, based on my understanding of his comment. But you know, context. ;)

I figured you'd be hovering in this thread. I posted that and less than 30 seconds realized that it was regarding what Freewheel said and deleted the comment and you jump on it. Context. Yeah right. That's integrity for you.

I've seen enough of your crusade against me to call into question your integrity. So, whatever. On the other hand, I know Michael to be of the highest integrity. And, I'm quite confident that Harvey isn't selling 'extra copies' on eBay.

• Like 1

I figured you'd be hovering in this thread. I posted that and less than 30 seconds realized that it was regarding what Freewheel said and deleted the comment and you jump on it. Context. Yeah right. That's integrity for you.

I've seen enough of your crusade against me to call into question your integrity. So, whatever. On the other hand, I know Michael to be of the highest integrity. And, I'm quite confident that Harvey isn't selling 'extra copies' on eBay.

You may not know this, but I get e-mail notifications from AtariAge to any thread in which I have participated. I then click on the link it provides if I want to respond.

post-27318-0-53957200-1469704965_thumb.png

I know you want to turn this into yet another conflict in which you are a victim, but I didn't start it. I just made a comment. You want to read more into it, that's on you.

-dZ.

Your wording isn't totally clear to me, but if you are saying that the Retro video game store in L.V. sold it for LESS than what it was selling for at CGE, I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. I'm guessing that the retro store either bought a copy there and added a few bucks to it and re-sold it, unaware that certain people were so determined to get a copy that they would pay 10 X the original value or a local bought the game, didn't like it and dumped it at the store, also unaware it was a rare game.

Good Deal Games had permission by contract from AtGames to release only 30 copies and that is what they did. No more. GDG would not mess around with a deal that saw their name being attached to Atari Flashback units in order to 'trick' people into thinking that there were only 30 and 'cash in'. There are only 30 copies. That is an adequate number for the Atari retro scene so Michael figured it was adequate for the Intellivision retro scene. That's where the number '30' comes from. There is no conspiracy nor a lack of integrity.

Which came first -- the 30 copies or the AT Games contract?

It was my understanding that Mike made 30 games for the show because that is the level of demand for Atari 2600 games.

He then could not make more because of a timed exclusivity agreement with AT Games -- for an Intellivision Flashback 2 that doubtful will ever see the light of day. The good news is that it was only a three-year option, so that Blix can be sold again in cartridge form in 2017.

If it is ever released widely, the CGE copies will be like the PhillyClassic versions of 4-Tris -- special editions of a game. (Most likely, Blix will be released as part of a game collection and hopefully in larger numbers to accommodate the demand)

He then could not make more because of a timed exclusivity agreement with AT Games -- for an Intellivision Flashback 2 that doubtful will ever see the light of day. The good news is that it was only a three-year option, so that Blix can be sold again in cartridge form in 2017.

I realize that people are loathe to ever share this kind of info, but I always wonder what kind of money is attached to this. Given that nothing is going to come of it (barring a minor miracle), getting paid for pretty much nothing is kinda nice. I guess he coulda sold another 100 copies of Blix without too much trouble, so there's that.

Of course I'd personally prefer my game to be released on actual hardware, money be damned, so if it were me I'd be less than happy about the situation.

PS: AT Games, if you're listening, we should discuss some exclusivity agreements on a few games.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It was my understanding that Blix could/would be produced in cart form again after 2017. Is it still going to happen or is it a dead project? Im asking for a friend....

Question is , are you sure it's for a friend...

If it does will it be released as a Shrink Wrapped CIB ... SE or Colour variant? Inquiring minds want to know...