IGNORED

My Colecovision Story Part 1

LutzfromOz

Do you remember the first videogame you ever picked up and played? mine was Gorf on colecovision, it happened in 1993 when i was 4 years old, well its my earliest memory of videogaming, my older brothers got a coleco for christmas back in the late 80's, it boggles me as an australian, because colecovision was unheard of... you would think the odds are we would have had an atari 2600 in our househould because they were so common in aus, anyway. Gorf, i favour colecovisions Gorf over the arcade port anyday of the week, Smurf rescue, venture, zaxxon, ladybug,donkey kong, segas asteroids clone space fury, last but not least turbo with the steering wheel module. so fast forward to 95 we get a super nes, I think by then the P1 controller on the coleco ceased to work, metal leaf spring broke off, and the coleco sat in a cupboard till it either got trown away or given away or something, absolute bummer I know-sigh. but the story didn't exactly end in total tradgedy, after I clean up my place today, take some photos of my project, I will post my part 2 of this story. My Colecovision Future.. Stay tuned

• Like 2

My first game ever played was Venture on Colecovision in 82. We were visiting my parents friends who had kids older than me. I don't remember any other games there, I just remember playing Venture over and over and the big green monster scaring the Hell out of me when I took too long.

I remember we were going home and I told my parents I was going to ask Santa for a Colecovision.

I thought I wasn't going to get it as I opened my last present that was in this Giant box. Of course it was a colecovision because my mom learned early to put things in boxes that would not give away what the present was as I had gotten very good at guessing. :)

Anyway it was many years ago when I finally came back, got my coleco fixed and started collecting all the games that my mom told me the story of how I got a coleco. Supposedly in 82 the Coleco was the Cabbage Patch toy of christmas. Everyone wanted one. They supposedly waited in many long lines at many stores in the middle of the night before they were finally lucky enough to get one. My mom had also told me that I asked Santa for it and she was going to put it as from Santa when my Dad told her HELL NO. We are putting it is from US. No way after all this work he gets all the credit. :) Pretty funny.

Do you remember the first videogame you ever picked up and played? mine was Gorf on colecovision, it happened in 1993 when i was 4 years old, well its my earliest memory of videogaming, my older brothers got a coleco for christmas back in the late 80's, it boggles me as an australian, because colecovision was unheard of... you would think the odds are we would have had an atari 2600 in our househould because they were so common in aus, anyway. Gorf, i favour colecovisions Gorf over the arcade port anyday of the week, Smurf rescue, venture, zaxxon, ladybug,donkey kong, segas asteroids clone space fury, last but not least turbo with the steering wheel module. so fast forward to 95 we get a super nes, I think by then the P1 controller on the coleco ceased to work, metal leaf spring broke off, and the coleco sat in a cupboard till it either got trown away or given away or something, absolute bummer I know-sigh. but the story didn't exactly end in total tradgedy, after I clean up my place today, take some photos of my project, I will post my part 2 of this story. My Colecovision Future.. Stay tuned

First game ever..........Pitstop. Without even reading the manual or knowing what to do, we dove in; banged up the tires; blew up the car; and laughed out backsides out. It was a hilarious afternoon.