IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Two Weeks Later...

RSS Bot

I can't believe I've been working on the Celery game for two weeks. I think it now has a name: Cellar Celery. The story is:
Mr. Celery goes down into his cellar and discovers an evil plot by vegetarians to eat him! "It's a good thing I discovered this now, else I'd be toast!" said Celery. So he went to work and built a vegetarian incinerator to fry those evil vegetarians. But apparently the vegetarians were ready for such a thing. They kidnapped a whole bunch of stalks of celery and now the normal-sized celery are trying to break free. "I'd better not fry those celery!" remarked Celery.
And it now looks like a cellar with wooden floor since I discovered that changing COLUBK's value mid-drawing code automatically changes the background color. So if I wanted to, I guess I could make it a lot more detailed than it is right now, but I like it as it is. It reminds me of an early Atari 2600 game, which is the feeling I was going for. That's why the score is like it is now. And Spiceware helped me with paddle support so now you can use the paddles. I somehow missed his post about it and I kept on working on it after, so when he asked if I missed it, I had to go back and put in the changes I had on my most current version and not his. It was a hot day yesterday and I worked almost for 8 hours straight on the game trying to make it better. You ever had a coding experience where you work for hours on end and forget to eat? Yeah. That was it. I was hungry. So at 9pm, I called it a day and went to bed. Woke up at 4:30am and began to work on it some more. I don't know how, but I think I made the beginning scanline bump problem go away. I don't know why it happened or how I fixed it.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13187-two-weeks-later/