IGNORED

Atari To Make a New Game Console

EvanCake

To be fair to Atari on those two games you mentioned, neither has exactly set the world on fire (although I do personally enjoy Battlezone VR). Atari has a limited pool of resources, so they release what they release.

Battlezone VR maybe didn't set the world on fire, but it's a high-profile use of the IP that has been dead for awhile.

Battlezone is no longer owned by Atari. They sold it off in their most recent bankruptcy. So, no credit to "Atari" for anything related to Battlezone.

Battlezone is no longer owned by Atari. They sold it off in their most recent bankruptcy. So, no credit to "Atari" for anything related to Battlezone.

yes, I was just listing it as a 'missed opportunity' for Atari. There is interest in their IPs, but Atari has no idea how to harness that effectively.

• Like 1

Keep in mind you can tune the analog sensitivity and other settings per game in the menu. It helps a lot with the games that made use of spinners, paddles, and trackballs.

The touchpad on the PS4 controller is that center portion of the controller. It's touch sensitive and also acts as another button.

AtGames also considered making classic controllers for the PS4 and Xbox One, but there's a lot of effort/certification involved, and the potential audience really isn't big enough to make the effort cost effective.

There's still too little space between the center and the far left/edge for me to do anything useful. And also it's actually just a dualstick PC controller I bought that's shaped like a PS controller but recognized as an Xbox controller by my computer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, do we have anything leaked on this thing yet?
PC based tech... so, i'd assume it's an AMD APU off the shelf component.
Maybe like an Atari version of Intel's NUC PCs?

It's gotta be something inexpensive.
I'd also assume it ties in with their partnership to get into smart devices and would possibly interact with those.

That was quick. This article was removed the moment I posted. Saw it on Google News. It said that they were making a mini Jaguar but with 25 games. Battlesphere, Black Ice White Noise, Gorf Classic. I thought it was suspect as how would they get the rights.

That was quick. This article said that they were making a mini Jaguar but with 25 games. Battlesphere, Black Ice White Noise, Gorf Classic. I thought it was suspect as how would they get the rights.

Posting an image lest someone search for the terms and get excited over a dumb joke

post-2410-0-85936000-1499362221_thumb.png

It amazed me that anyone would think a Jaguar Mini would be a serious thing even before they saw the game list. That's among the bottom of possible systems that would ever receive such a product not only because it didn't sell originally, but also because emulation is not that great for that platform.

Also, side note, Atari only still has the rights to a handful of Jaguar games. I'm not sure when those will ever come in handy for them anyway, though.

It amazed me that anyone would think a Jaguar Mini would be a serious thing even before they saw the game list. That's among the bottom of possible systems that would ever receive such a product not only because it didn't sell originally, but also because emulation is not that great for that platform.

Also, side note, Atari only still has the rights to a handful of Jaguar games. I'm not sure when those will ever come in handy for them anyway, though.

Actually a Jaguar mini excites me precisely because the emulation sucks. I don't usually buy these kinds of units. But not sure if it would have mass appeal.

So, do we have anything leaked on this thing yet?

PC based tech... so, i'd assume it's an AMD APU off the shelf component.

Maybe like an Atari version of Intel's NUC PCs?

It's gotta be something inexpensive.

I'd also assume it ties in with their partnership to get into smart devices and would possibly interact with those.

Yeah - I posted their latest bullshit update yesterday:

Dog-Pooping-1024x668.jpg

I hope they keep "dropping loads" of good information like they have been. I'm sure the product will amount to more than what is shown above. Not.

• Like 1