IGNORED

Found a different way of copying disk images to my 1050 disk drive.

Spanner

Well I figured out that you can use the same device number for the atr image(SIO2PC) and the 1050 disk drive.

So I don't need to change the device number switch at the back of the drive everytime I need to copy a disk,basicly i am falling the Atari into thinking I only have one drive.

Step 1.

You put your disk into the drive but don't turn it on.(make sure the device number switch at the back is on device number 1)

Start AspeQt or RespeQt and put into slot 1 copy 2000.atr or any other copier you use to copy disks.

Step 2.

Press Option and turn on the computer to load the copy program.Once loaded make sure the device it reads is D1,D1.(Source D1,Target D1)

put in a atr of the game you want to copy to disk into slot 1.

Step 3.

Start to copy the disk image into memory,if the disk is already formatted then press Select to select No or keep it as Yes if it needs formatting.

Let it copy until it ask you to put in the target disk.

Goto AspeQt or RespeQt and click on File>Stop Emulation.

Now you can turn on your disk drive.

make sure it has the disk in the drive you want to copy to and press Start and wait for it to copy to the drive,Once it says complete it done.

You can do it the other way round too if you want to copy a disk to a atr image too.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your Atari.. :)

Edited by Spanner

What I do is run Aspeqt or Respeqt and place the atr that I want to copy back to floppy into drive 2 and leave drive 1 empty.

Turn on 1050 and place copier program disk in drive, turn on Atari and boot copier program.

The select D2 as source and D1 and destination, remembering to remove disk from 1050 and replace with a blank.

Hit start and leave it to do its thing.

Just find this way easier if you want to make more than one floppy at a time.....just keep changing blanks in 1050 and images in D2 and keep repeating.

• Like 1

What I do is run Aspeqt or Respeqt and place the atr that I want to copy back to floppy into drive 2 and leave drive 1 empty.

Turn on 1050 and place copier program disk in drive, turn on Atari and boot copier program.

The select D2 as source and D1 and destination, remembering to remove disk from 1050 and replace with a blank.

Hit start and leave it to do its thing.

Just find this way easier if you want to make more than one floppy at a time.....just keep changing blanks in 1050 and images in D2 and keep repeating.

Nice one,good idea too.How do you select the drive in copy 2000 D1,D2 and swap it to D2,D1.