IGNORED

Ultimate SD Cart run, US source, Nov 30 ship date, 25 in run

MacRorie

The first 32 carts went out a little bit ago. The balance of those that have either paid their balance or bought one of the extras, your packages will go out tomorrow.

Still waiting on 9 people to pay. About half have contacted me and made arrangements. If you made a deposit and you have not contacted me about paying, please look in your email box. I will wait for a bit. I would rather people had the carts they put deposits on than have to refund and re-sell. Contact me!

I am also waiting on 5 people to get back to me if they want one of the extras. I will wait until Saturday before moving on to the next person on the wait list.

• Like 2

MacRorie,

My Ultimate Cart arrived today. The fact that it was sent USPS Priority Mail was a pleasant surprise. The only problem I had was a low-tech one. At first, I couldn't get the SD card to fit in the slot. I assume the slot in the 3D printed case was slightly off. However, I was finally able to get it to fit.

After that, everything worked perfectly as I expected.

Thanks again for doing this and being transparent with us regarding your difficulties in producing the carts. I had no doubt you'd come through and the cart was definitely worth the wait.

Bob C

MacRorie,

My Ultimate Cart arrived today. The fact that it was sent USPS Priority Mail was a pleasant surprise. The only problem I had was a low-tech one. At first, I couldn't get the SD card to fit in the slot. I assume the slot in the 3D printed case was slightly off. However, I was finally able to get it to fit.

After that, everything worked perfectly as I expected.

Thanks again for doing this and being transparent with us regarding your difficulties in producing the carts. I had no doubt you'd come through and the cart was definitely worth the wait.

Bob C

Good to hear it worked! Each cart was tested three times: Once after programming, once after casing it in the shell and once right before shipping. So, they *should* all work! ;-)

However, some of the SD cart slots had to be knifed out a bit because of stray print threads//tight print openings. Everyone of them fit the SD card for testing, but one or three required some jiggling/trimming. I am glad to hear everybody is receiving them. Everybody went out Priority if it was a US address. Outside of the US was $33.95 for Priority and that was just not possible.

Enjoy!

Mine arrived today, too. Is there a size limit on the SD card we can use?

There should not be a limit. I have tried 8G and 16G with no problem. However, let's be realistic: most of the known A8 files would fit within a 1G card (if it even need that much!) ;-)

• Like 2

Got mine last night - thanks again MacRorie!

I did have a question about the behavior of it; I'm using it in an 800, and about 50-60% of the time I'll get the Ultimate Cart interface, but no games are listed. I have to restart the computer, which usually does the trick, but not always. Any ideas?

The behavior should be limited to 800's without the cartridge port fix.... you should not see the behavior on XL/XE though

timing is tight and the 800 uses a different pin in its cart slot... I fixed all my 800's eon's ago

I have an 800 as well that is sometimes flakey when I press the RESET button. Sometimes the computer hangs, sometimes it reboots to the memo pad, sometimes it restarts the Ultimate Cart menu, sometimes it restarts the game I was playing. Powering off and on always gets me back to the Ultimate Cart menu, but it's annoying. What "cartridge port fix" are you talking about?

Thx

Got my Ultimate Cart yesterday. Thank you Martin.

I did have a small issue with the shell. I couldn't insert my SD card and after looking closely saw some plastic filament strands from the 3D printing that were interfering with the card slot. Also, the reset button on the cart was "stuck", binding on a glob of plastic near the hole in the shell. But a little whittling and filing cleaned things up and all is well. Not hard to fix, just something to be aware of.

unfortunately everything lists the cart slots as the same between the 800 and the XL/XE series... this is incorrect and I wish they would obliterate and correct the dang pinouts on all the web sites...

grrr

You make the cartridge slot XL/XE compatible in the Atari 800 if you connect the PHI2 signal instead of RAS in the cart port. It is just that simple... and I can no longer count on my fingers and toes how this keeps popping up for all these things... MyIDE, The Cart, Ultimate cart, pbi mod,... etc etc etc.... I really wish it was a sticky! It makes just about everything work.. only a .000001 chance an old cart requires the old 800 timing to work... in fact I only ever ran across a 2 in my Roklan pile that use the old timing and I don't think they made production... I posted about it in the past....

Edited by _The Doctor__

A little tip. I had a bunch of .exe files that I wanted to use, but the problem is they need to be renamed to .xex for use on the Ultimate cartridge. Any other extension will not work.

I found a nice PC utility that can bulk rename them easily!

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Here is a nice collection of exe files you can download and use if you want: (here is a link to files: Zipped file containing Game files used (35MB))

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187482-4-atari-16mb-hard-disk-images-completed/

Edited by tjlazer

I think my cart has arrived in the UK

Problem is now UK customs wants £21.70 before they will pass it over (not happy at all with Customs)

:_( :thumbsdown: :mad: arrgghhhhh

Same here in italy... "Processing through customs" in Milan.... let's all hope italian customs are more easy... :)