IGNORED

The rarity guide says I should brag..

birdie3

I just found a Mr. Do's Castle in the wild. After 15 years of collecting, this is easily one of my better hauls of all time. I grabbed Wizards of Wor, Cosmic Creeps, and Mr. Do's Castle for $20 CDN.

Sorry.. It's been a while since I've posted in this forum. What a heck of a way to make a come back. Hold the applause.

• Like 6

Where is "the wild" these days? seems like everything has gone through at least two hands anymore...

Believe it or not, I bought these at a retro-gaming store in an obscure mall in Ontario. The clerk said that they bought 280 carts off some guy the other day. Kinda cool..
  • Like 1

Ugh. I went into the same place today to see if they had anything else. The clerk pulls out their cherries from their selection from behind the counter and asks me which ones I wanted. IIRC they had Private Eye, HERO, Star Wars Arcade, Montezuma's Revenge, Inca Gold, Dragon Treasure, Master Builder, Beamrider, a few other Sellers carts, all loose.. They wanted $200 for the bunch. A bunch o' medium rares. I was completely annoyed.

Wow, rip-off, although Montezumas Revenge is rare(ish) and Master Builder too.

HERO, Beamrider, Private Eye are also Activision classics.

Star Wars TAG is great.

My last 2 ebay purchases for Atari were Star Wars TAG and Montezuma's Revenge....

Roadrunner brought them to my (well everyone's) attention with a status update...

Everybody is different in terms of what they look for. Whenever I used to come across big collections like this, I would pick up as much of it as I could, pick out all the cherries and buy extras for trading. When I came across this pile at the retro video game store last week, I was strictly thinking about grabbing stuff for trades on account of the fact that I already had copies of all of these games. Furthermore, I try to only grab games that are worth playing because (lets face it) some of the old VCS games really stink to play.