IGNORED

Things to do with S.A.M.

Kyle22

Incidentally what is Maplin? I am not familiar with the reference.

Without knowing this thread would come up, I bought a parrot digitizer. Now it has a tool for playing with sound forms, and of course can digitize speech within severe limits.

I am encouraged that someone might, for the purpose of 8 bit applications formulate something between sam and true digitized approach...gaining better output by trading size for quality.

Been doing some homework on this...found an interesting thread guess rybags did it on 2 bit generation of the mission impossible c64 phrase....another visitor. Stay awhile, stay forever.

I am talking about considering phoneme generation as a type of speech compression. And further giving up some size in order to consider a subset of diphonemes and to give consideration to prosody.

I am sure none of this is novel...but in 1982 it was about tts....which is not my focus now...nor would simply digitizing content be novel. What would be novel today is creating decent speech for a game or app on the atari...highly compressed..

Well i know..thoughts are one thing some code would be more interesting....i am thinking of recreating the wheel a bit and starting with phoneme speech and then seeing if it can be tweeked unless someone has been there/done that already

• Like 1

Maplin is a very big electronics retailer that started in the UK, it was also an Atari main dealer back in the day hence my connecting it, we in those days made lots of electronic DIY soldering kits for electronic projects which included add ons for home computers, the Atari being one of the first we produced add on kits for.

I should add that when I say 'we' I don't mean myself, I was a Atari Tech salesman and quickly became a manager of the same store, I myself, didn't design any kits :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2