IGNORED

Turbo 2000 tape images

subjugator

I almost certain Altirra does not emulate any turbo tape formats, it has been asked about before but phaeron hasn't been sold on the idea so far, he's not a huge fan of tapes in general.

Can't answer re other emu's but I don't think there is anything?

Turbo tapes in general were rather isolated to Eastern Europe by nature, most went from Tape to DD as fast as possible..

• Like 1

https://yadi.sk/d/TiMUk0VOp7EF2

my collection of images in tapes turbo 2000.

over 300 images.

I hope that Avery ever add emulation turbo 2000.

Quite an impressive archive you have :thumbsup: . Judging by the nature of the wave files (square wave, 5 seconds of silence at the end, signal in both channels), these appear to be generated with some older version of Turgen System.

Just an extra piece of information:

The files in the archive are stored in Czechoslovak Turbo 2000.

There were other similar systems named "Turbo 2000"

• KSO Turbo 2000 from Poland
  • Lower Silesian Turbo 2000 also from Poland

This is incredible! Thanks for the T2000 files! I am just about to do a home-brew T2000&Rambit upgrade to my 1010, and now I have a bunch of files ready to be turned into tapes with Turgen! I may not even need to do the extra bit for Rambit compatibility with all of this software for T2000!

Thanks a million! or at least 300! :-D

Use Turgen (available on sorceforge) made for us by baktra.

Only patched by Kr0tki Atari800 works with turbo tapes.

You wouldn't happen to have a compiled version of the Atari 800 with Kr0tki patch ? Downloaded the patch and the source, but messing around with building it from source will take a bit of time, especially with all Windows dependencies (DX SDK, etc.)

a few years ago, I found such version of the emulator in a network.

atari 800 2.0.3 turbed

who is the author of this version I do not know.

As far as I know, this is the only emulator in which the program works with T2000.

https://yadi.sk/d/1DXP3qI4wAgPe

It was a hacked version I created. Now it is obsolete, because there is the amazing a8cas project that provides much better functions.

You can download windows binaries of patched atari800 emulator that allows to read turbo records from there.

it has been a while (10 years so far) since I coded t2k decoder...which converts turbo2000 and turbobasic (with turbo2000) wav files to XEX binaries...

you can find it here if interested.. it has many flaws and constrains but with it I was able to revive some stuff that was on tape only.

• 3 years later...
On 10/2/2016 at 4:34 PM, lemiel said:

Use Turgen (available on sorceforge) made for us by baktra.

Only patched by Kr0tki Atari800 works with turbo tapes.

+1 for the first sentence, Baktra's Turgen is just great tool to generate ANY turbo CAS/WAV.

As for the second one, I was successfully using Turbo Blizzard WAVs with Altirra, no problem at all, so the status of Atari800 handling turbo-tapes has changed, I think :)

These are my settings that work flawlessly together with any Turbo Blizzard cartridge image.
Turbo 2000 should work too, I guess.

Bez tytułu.png

Edited by Jacques

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, Jacques said:

+1 for the first sentence, Baktra's Turgen is just great tool to generate ANY turbo CAS/WAV.

As for the second one, I was successfully using Turbo Blizzard WAVs with Altirra, no problem at all, so the status of Atari800 handling turbo-tapes has changed, I think :)

These are my settings that work flawlessly together with any Turbo Blizzard cartridge image.
Turbo 2000 should work too, I guess.

Bez tytułu.png

For Turbo 2000, "Always" on works (if you do not have a tape that combines standard and turbo records). Better option for Turbo 2000 is Turbo Support Enabled (Command control).

4 hours ago, archeocomp said:

I have the asked about Rambit vs Turbo2000 compatibility in your Rambit topic. Baktra said probably yes. Give it a try ?

You will need to make one hardware change. The rambit circuit outputs the turbo signal to the interrupt pin. You have to apply the signal also to the data in pin, where it is expected by the turbo 2000 loader. I believe connecting these two with a wire inside sio plug should do the trick.

• Like 1