IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

Now that copies are out there (more than just the people who bought at PRGE and who will never open their sealed copies), time to hunt the easter eggs. There are quite a few bonuses and alternate modes coded into the game, and I'm curious who can stumble upon one first.

I will not be giving hints for right now, because one of them should be found soon enough if people experiment very much. Although I *am* curious how obtuse I made all of this :P

Oh and in case anyone isn't aware, Deserter Bus is ECS-enhanced for better audio fidelity.

Shilling the game, just cuz it's the "big week" in Desert Bus land. :)

Anyone who hasn't paid for their copy yet, or is on the fence about a copy - please pay soon :) I'm gonna try to wrangle up as much of the current profit on the game as possible, and make a big donation to the charity drive towards the end. Hopefully when they're actually playing it on the Intellivision, live, in front of 4000+ viewers (seriously) if we can just get a console up and running for them in time. This all wraps up on Friday-ish and it would be sooo cool to toss a buncha cash while the spotlight it on the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the payments everyone :) It's gonna be cool to shovel a bunch of money to the charity this week, in conjunction with the "big" charity drive.

Brown ECS looks cool. I gotta get me one of those :D ECS only helps Deserter Bus. Hopefully the overlay makes it obvious what it does (the button does something regardless of ECS being attached or not).

Well guys, the Big charity drive is almost done - probably will end sometime tomorrow night (it all depends on how much money they raise). I'm hoping to get a shout out for Inty DB, maybe some screen time if they run out of things to do. Crossing my fingers that it generates at least a few more sales, because I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna start shoveling money into the charity. I'm actually going to jump the gun a little and send a bunch tomorrow, just to line up with the big show. I know I'll sell enough copies eventually that I'm comfortable going into a hole temporarily.

There are only a couple of serials under 100 left, so now's your last chance if you wanted a "low" number!

Nobody's reported on Easter Eggs yet. I may have to start dropping hints - but I h8 doing that.

• Like 2

So - with much thanks to a certain donor (cough cmart cough), I managed to put together a nice Inty bundle including a copy of IntyDB and some other games, and the DBfH people are auctioning it off right now. Sometimes Ebay prices are stupid, well this is much worse:

Currently $380!

None of this would have been possible without all of you, so thanks yet again to everyone for the support. There's a lot more money going to Child's Play in the near future, but this is a heck of a good start :D

• Like 3