IGNORED

eclaire XL P.C.B. aka "Atari on FPGA project"

santosp

Ok thanks, but an original 800 XL draws something like less than an amp (850mA is what I measured) so that one would have no,problem with that either.

I'm suspecting because of the technology the FPGA is made with .....and the few parts on the PCB this might use very litte power......which would be awesome to make it Lipo battery operated :):)

• 2 weeks later...

@santosp/foft

Any particular plans for a keyboard, or just a stock PC keyboard (there are bunches to choose from)? A plug-in adapter for a regular Atari keyboard would be really cool. Really like this design since so things are built-in and need not be added at extra cost.

Have you finalized a size & layout for the pcb at this time?

-Larry

• 1 month later...

I actually like the idea of having 4 ports very much and it was not clear for me if you want to remove or add them (I don't have the developer board, but I'm interested in the final one).

> But it save me some pennies to not include the d-sub connectors on board!

Please think it over. I wouldn't like to spoil a professionally manufactered board with additional soldering. D-sub connectors on board is a good idea.

Yes, it needs 4 ports for PBI devices and MULE.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

is this the right thread for tech questions?

mine is currently giving off a low-level interference - noise, not picture.

definitely sound like interference, as when I touch the board with my hand the noise almost disappears.

is this likely a grounding issue? and where is best to start investigating?

thanks

is this the right thread for tech questions?

mine is currently giving off a low-level interference - noise, not picture.

definitely sound like interference, as when I touch the board with my hand the noise almost disappears.

is this likely a grounding issue? and where is best to start investigating?

thanks

Just remembered you bought my older v2. I made a slight change on the newer board around this... The story follows.

I wanted tape sound, pbi sound and sio sound to work. Also thought having Replay sampler support would be good (not implemented yet). For those I put an ADC on board. It samples 4 channels (left/right stereo, sio and pbi audio in) and mixes sio/pbi with the digital output.

I simply dc coupled the audio inputs. They are not even grounded at all. So you will get some noise from them. On the V2 fix I considered AC coupling them, but in the end stuck with DC coupled and just added 600ohm pull downs.

Anyway the options are:

i) Just try disconnecting the wire from MIC to SIO in as a first step.

ii) If that is not enough then you can ground the four ADC inputs (directly if you are not using them, 600ohm pull downs if you are using them).

iii) If that is still not enough then I can disconnect the ADC in the core.

Edited by foft

hi Mark

no it's a background hiss.

think I've narrowed it down a little

■ bootup with or without the mic cable connected, and regardless of which jumper it's connected to = hiss very present/audible

■ after bootup remove mic cable from mic3 header pins on expansion board end, then replace firmly = hiss disappears completely

■ reboot = = hiss very present/audible

i'm thinking this is something to do with the mic3 header pins

OK, I can hear it downstairs on the decent speakers when I turn up the volume.

The 3 pins on that header are MIC2/MIC3 (inputs) and GND. You can connect them together with a jumper.

I think I should add a settings option to allow people to turn the ADC off. Don't have time this week I'm afraid but remind me in a couple of weeks.

Mark

jumpering all three definitely makes it quieter...but the noise is still approx 25% of what it was

will remind you re ADC next week sometime

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, venom4728a said:

Are these EClaire available for purchase?

On 5/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mi1ez said:

Anywhere to buy this yet?

On 8/25/2018 at 5:13 AM, randyg said:

realize i'm late to this thread, but am interested in any list to buy or gauge interest! Thank you.

Hello Guys,

I have already start to construct that, and will have  the first batch of ten ready for ship in one week from now.

Thank you for your interest.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, santosp said:

Hello Guys,

I have already start to construct that, and will have  the first batch of ten ready for ship in one week from now.

Thank you for your interest.:thumbsup:

Are these 10 boards spoken for or can I claim one? (product quality notwithstanding, at this point any excuse to see Panos in real life is good for me :))

Edited by ggn

• 1 month later...

I just wachted a video from "The Modern Atari 8bit computer" comparing the Mist v1.3 Vs the EclaireXL.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9EQWBlg6bc)

It really got all my attention: a small form factor device to play all my favourite Atari 8-bit game (with HDMI video output) is what I'm longing for...

Can I ask if there is a page somewhere listing all the capabilities of the EclaireXL and ...

Do you have some news about its availability?

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...