IGNORED

bought my first atari have questions

kane459

ok so i picked up a used sears Tele-games 2600 it came with 3 joysticks, 2 Paddles, 19 games. so far been enjoying the console as its one i never owned i grew up in the nes era any how what flash cart would you recommend i get also what other accessories do you recommend i look out for so far all i know of is the super charger also what games should i avoid the misses asked me to make her a list of games i want for xmas so she can pick some from the pist and surprise me but since i never played nor owned an atari im in the dark on what to avoid lastly whats the best game in these 3 gener's best racing game best action game best adventure best shooter or shmup and lastly best dungeon crawler if there is one below are pic of what i got paid 80 for is with shipping included in price did i score a good deal
lastly whats the best way to store my games is there an atari storage chest i can look for or another option that works dont mind price as long as it works

post-23021-0-00579700-1477959182_thumb.jpg

post-23021-0-84117300-1477959187_thumb.jpg

post-23021-0-72185100-1477959198_thumb.jpg

The easiest flash cart to get for the 2600 is the Harmony Cart. You can load up an SD card with Roms and play every 2600 game ever made. Home brews, Demos and Hacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by groundtrooper
  • Like 3

congrats

The easiest flash cart to get for the 2600 is the Harmony Cart. You can load up an SD card with Roms and play every 2600 game ever made. Home brews, Demos and Hacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the harmony cart will also play the supercharger games that originally loaded from cassette ;)

a 2'nd pair of paddles for 4 player games like Warlords,

for Christmas a pile of inexpensive games that you don't currently have already, note the ones you have and look through the "rarity guide" here , some Sears titles have been rebranded from Atari titles "target fun" is same as "air-sea battle"

the hunt is half the fun finding local shops & digging through a soda box from the back room

a separate pair of driving paddles is great for "Indy 500" (aka Sears "Race") , Harmony cart will be good to play the "hacks" listed on that link.

EDIT: some "DC" hacks aren''t listed there :o http://atariage.com/software_hacks.php?SystemID=2600&orderBy=FunctionalHack&orderByValue=Descending

Edited by chas10e

Best platformer HERO

Best Horizontal Shooter Seaquest

Best Space Invaders clone Megamania

Best Licensed Game Spiderman

Best Racing game Enduro

Best Paddle game Kaboom

Best (only) RPG Dragonstomper

Best arcade conversion Ms Pac Man

Best game from the 70s Video Olympics

best racing game best action game best adventure best shooter or shmup and lastly best dungeon crawler

3 Best Racing games

Indy 500

Enduro

Pole Position

3 Best Action games (took this to mean animated

H.E.R.O.

Berzerk

Keystone Kapers

3 Best Adventure games

Pitfall 1/Pitfall 2

Adventure

Raiders of the Lost Ark

3 Best Shmups

River Raid

Missile Command

Space Invaders

I was going to recommend Pitfall II for adventure but you already have that. Also you have Kaboom! which is a great game but I don't know what genre you'd call it.

Also I would get a direct connect adaptor instead of that switch box. You can find it in the Atariage store for $3.

Edited by Atarian7
  • Like 1