IGNORED

Styrofoam Box - Two Different Versions?

TPR

For a system that sold around 2million units, there seems to be quite a few variations and revisions. I had a REV M board at one point, and a B,C,D, J... Then yes, you have CBS and Canadian models. Really, when we get down to it, some systems that we own may have only had a 4digit run(aside from obvious ones like prototypes and review units) before something was changed. My first coleco, brand new in the early 80s, had some kind of woodgrain sticker. Still to this date, I've heard about 20 different theories on this and used to think people peeled it off if I saw one without the faux wood. The funny thing is, most CV enthusiasts have this experience with odd revisions in something from coleco, whether it be something on an accessory or the console itself.

But once you get into the foam box variations...........lol.

I personally don't think there are only two. I just don't have the slightest clue as to how many.

I'd say that 2 million units sold is considerably low and tend to lean toward the 6 million number that I heard from numerous sources since the late 80s. The first million was sold in early 1983, so there where 2 more years of commercial availability before the big sell off by Coleco to anyone and everyone looking to stock up on these systems.

The number that I have heard re. the Adam is 950,000.