IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

Another 2 weeks, and still nada. :( :( :skull: Also, I had ordered two. Was there no tracking #?

Yes, there will be for 2. I'll drop you a PM and sort this out. :thumbsup:

Current status is stuck in customs at Kennedy NY -- anyone else had issues with customs? I'm pretty sure the last time I had post vanish into the customs system was at Kennedy as well, it did eventually make it out several weeks later.... but bloody hell was it slow and a PITA.

Edited by SainT

Current status is stuck in customs at Kennedy NY -- anyone else had issues with customs? I'm pretty sure the last time I had post vanish into the customs system was at Kennedy as well, it did eventually make it out several weeks later.... but bloody hell was it slow and a PITA.

Yes, US customs suck! I've had issues with customs in Chicago. One package was there for 3 weeks???

That makes sense, and thanks for the info as I also have an SD2SNES. However, I find it odd that those are classified as overdumps, rather than something like NameOfGame+Bios or another indicator that it includes something useful, not just extra unused space from the end of the chip, or some kind of dumping error. Now makes me wonder what other ones are useful, as I thought an overdump was typically identical to the 'good' rom, but less verified and larger (for what I thought was no good reason, such as untrimmed DS roms). They should really indicate that better, but then they don't listen to me! :)

Totally agree. I use to preserve the overdumped ROMs, just in case.

Packages get stuck there all the time, sometimes for weeks. Then, one day, they just magically appear at your door. It's annoying, but there's nothing you can do.

• 1 month later...

This has been SIX weeks though. I'm not impatient, but I'm also doubting this thing will be received. I opened a missing mail request online with USPS, we'll see what that does. Sometimes you need to get them to actually inquire with customs.....

I could tell you some stories about that customs center. I have dealt with them personally many times, and have seen how the operation actually works.

I realize your post was five weeks ago so I don't know if you got this resolved, but long story short, six weeks is not an unusual time frame for something to get stuck there. I think the longest I ever had a package stuck there was five *months*.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent replacements. Hopefully they turned up, I lose track... :)

That is why you rock!

I could tell you some stories about that customs center. I have dealt with them personally many times, and have seen how the operation actually works.

I realize your post was five weeks ago so I don't know if you got this resolved, but long story short, six weeks is not an unusual time frame for something to get stuck there. I think the longest I ever had a package stuck there was five *months*.

I actually received the original package less than 2 weeks ago, about 3 months late!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. It was annoying trying to manually setup that entire package when I got that card months ago. Guess I'll purge it and load this instead.

Doesn't appear they did much useful for the 2 other kits I have (gb and snes) so those huge downloads I'm not bothering with.

The NGPC package is 52.4MB -- fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my good sir, I hope you are well and have not died. :P

I have slowly crept down the line from 200 something now to a mere 14 in line, but I've noticed it has not moved in quite some time. I hope I have not missed any communication from you in any way, I have checked every folder, and I check daily.

Maybe you are tired or involved in other projects and have taken a break, and that's cool! Just want to make sure I didn't mess up, thanks again!

Sorry, have been tied up getting a load of LynxSD carts out and setting up a new 3D printer among other things. Will be getting another load of NGP carts out next week, so you'll get your call then... :)

Its quite hard work when you have a few different devices on the go and trying to design new ones as well. Lots of things to juggle. I could really do with someone to help make and ship these things... or more hours in the day! :-o

The fun of scaling things up.

• Like 2

Thats nice you branched into the Lynx. I've only ever used one of them once a very long time ago when Atari did a mall tour but I fell in love with it then. It just wasn't in the wallet being on allowance as I already had a Gameboy plus Nintendo console at the time already. I imagine if I ever came across a Lynx or popped for one I'd get a kit just to save the headache as it had a lot of excellent Atari arcade conversions among other things.

Does the Lynx have the same slow load times of the NGPC kit?

Chimming in for a request, I'd like to play the K.O.F Battle de Paradise mini-games in link mode with friends but like in most party-games I find the single player mode boring and don't have the time and courage to unlock all the mini games.

If a sd cartridge/flashmasta owner has unlocked a good amount of mini games, would he mind sharing his file with me via PM? Thanks.

post-62662-0-63677700-1511410530.jpg

Edited by Chael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A very fair review. :)

Low volume laser sintering will hopefully become a cheaper option in time, meaning shells can be of a higher quality without doubling the price of the cart... lol.

As mentioned by Mayhem, the installing to FLASH issue is a requirement of the NGP hardware due to the way it handles save games. It was basically either that or no save games... I know which I prefer. :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SainT - when I signed up for the pre-order list a few months ago I expected that I'd be able to order one in ~6 months based on the figures of 20-30 units / week I've seen mentioned. That seemed allright. But looking at the last three months or so it seems like ~20 units have been shipped each month and I'd have to wait another two years or so. I've heard that the preorder list is now approaching 700 entries, so basically three years wait for new orders? :?

Are you looking at ways to improve the situation or is that basically the expectation going forward? Would be amazing if you had a manufacturing partner like VideoGamePerfection, Krikzz, TerraOnion etc. that could actually make the product available. Is there anything we could do? For instance, I assume you order the boards from a factory, could you order larger batches if people paid up-front? That model worked for the OSSC, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Also I'd be happy with a naked PCB and supply the shell myself if skipping the 3D printed part would shorten delivery times by a year or two :)

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I recently got my NeoGeo Pocket SD and I love it. But, I have one problem: the suspend feature doesn't work in Neo Turf Masters.

In between shots/holes you should be able to suspend/save the game. I choose suspend, but when I turn the game on again, there is no save/suspend state to restore.

Is this something that could be fixed with a firmware update?

I've tried replacing all the batteries (sub battery included), and a couple different roms, but no luck.

Unfortunately this is one feature that does not work with the NGPSD cart. The firmware checks the cart ID on boot and continues if the same cart is in the machine. Unfortunately when you switch off / on the NGP, the current cart loaded is the menu, and the suspend save data is lost. I don't think I can do anything about this as I believe it gets corrupted before I get execution passed to my code.

• Like 1