IGNORED

Tron sounds and music

Vincehood

Hello,

I am wondering if the Tron Deadly discs sounds ("derezzed", blocking disc and throwing disc sounds) are available in Intybasic somewhere.

I am also wondering if someone has ever "converted" the Daft Punk "Derezzed" song to Intybasics. Otherwise any tips where to start to achieve that?

Thanks

Vincent

Hello Vincent, I decided to make a demo of a sound and test routine I programmed not long ago. I attached source and .rom. It uses SOUND to play frequency data every 30/25 frames. Frequency data can have special meanings: values ending in 1 lowers volume, 1=reset volume, 0=end of data.

In the demo, "VolFX" is about 4 different volume effects (volume down, down + no volume reset, up, and static). Press Enter in the controller to change. "SynthFX" (toggles on/off when VolFX goes back to 0) uses 2 sound channels playing similar frequencies.

Another way to play sound effects is using the PSG volume envelope (SOUND 3 and 4). I don't use it in the demo. It's tricky to figure out how it works, but it's fantastic for noise/explosions. Unfortunately PSG can only do 1 envelope at a time.

SoundPlayer.zip

• Like 2

• 2 years later...