IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

It's all gone very quiet. No activity on their web site or social media.

Can we assume Poymega is dead?

Does anyone know if refunds are happening ?

They got peoples' money, no need to talk about it any more. It will remain to be seen if they produce anything in the next 5-6 months.

• Like 5

And while that Peter Kitch is thinking about wanting to play NES stuff, the rest of us ARE playing NES via Emulation, FPGA, Original Hardware, Clones, and Mini.

As for P.K. being a shill, I suppose that could be true, the sentence structure and letter/word distribution matches others from AtariBox and matched yet more from Chameleon.

• Like 3

Is there anyone reading this who's put money into Polymega ?

If so, are you receiving any contact from them?

Have they refunded you?

Have you maybe had your credit card company recover your money where possible?

To be clear, I HAVE NOT put any money into it - thank goodness....

As civilly as I can say this, I doubt anyone on this forum was that stupid.

• Like 9

Hopefully by talking about it here we can prevent future disasters. We may be labeled the Hater Brigaders but at the end we are just dissappinted at how half-baked some of these ideas are, and without skill to pull them off.

Even Sony doesn't seem capable of producing a decent emulation device, so any random Kickstarter/crowdfunding startup doesn't look very good in comparison.

An established company using kickstarter to fund production is a different story. GPD for example made some neat products, although they had a share of minor issues. At least they shipped and the things worked mostly as advertised.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Emailed to them via the contact button on their web site in November:

Given that you have not reached any goals beyond the original 500k, it seems there will be no further element modules beyond the initial 4. There's no activity on Twitter or Facebook and nothing on your new web site. It's fair to assume then that Polymega is going no further and is as good as dead. It was a nice dream, but I can now only assume it's over.

On 20th November they replied - it went into Spam so was only recently found:

Since the pre-order is wrapped up we are no longer marketing the console until the initial preorders have shipped, which is what we're focused on at the moment.

As for future modules, everything costs money (obviously!) and since the goals weren't hit we can't make any guarantees on those specific modules. But, that doesn't mean they won't ever happen. We expect Polymega to be available through at least 2028, and a lot can happen between now and then. Thankfully, retro games aren't going anywhere! :)

Best --

Team Polymega

Make of it what you will…..