edsongodoy

The rarest game for the SEGA 32X is being re-launched in Brazil

This is the first teaser trailer for the 2017 launch of the rare Surgical Strike game for the SEGA 32X CD.

This is the rarest 32X game, with a big controversy about it's launch, restricted to Brazil in very (very) limited quantities.

Stay tuned for more info about the details of this great release.

Interesting. I had heard about it popping years ago but nothing ever came if it then.

• Like 1

This is interesting, wounder if it will be released outside of Brazil though local resellers

Same. And if no compatibility/language issue.

This one might be a good one for Piko interactive to do a North American release for as they did Tech Toy's Duke Nukem 3D for the US Market.

The wait is almost over. We have opened the pre-order of the re-launch of Surgical Strike:

We will post a FAQ about the release in the next couple of hours.

Edited by edsongodoy
  • Like 2

Surgical Strike re-launch update: Here goes a picture of the discs, ready to go! We are now finishing the box and docs. It's possible that we will send the game even earlier than august 15th for all of you guys that already made the pre-order. If you haven't, please do at the link below:

media_1098.jpg

So I tried running this on my Wii Homebrew Channel Sega CD emulator and the game loads fine but I'm wondering if there's any trick to fooling the emulator into thinking my Wiimote is the gamepad in such a way that I can play this as a light gun game. Doesn't look like it. I tried changing the controls to Sega light gun or mouse but Surgical Strike won't accept any inputs other than traditional gamepad.

I know our own Atari Leaf posted several months ago that the Wii Homebrew channel can sometime use the Wiimote as analog controls but does anyone know a way to make the Wiimote work as a light gun for Surgical Strike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6G1WxF-_O8

• Like 1

Yeap just put in my paypal payment for a copy! Not my usual style of game as I was never a fan of most of the FMV games, but how else am I going to play it to try it out? And it looks like a quality release for the Sega CD/32x.

The Re-Launch FAQ says that the iso will be made available for download on launch day, which is August 15.

I don't mean to sound entitled, but where is the link? Maybe I'm a bit early, but I can't seem to find it.

Hello guys!

Things are a little crazy in the last couple of days, so i was only able to take a look here today.

All the pre-orders are sent. The tracking numbers were sent to the paypal address of all buyers.

The iso with the full game can be downloaded for free ;)

If you guys have any other doubt, just let me know.

Any updates on when the shipping of the game will begin?

I got my shipping notification Thursday so mine is on the way.

That was pretty fast?! My copy of Surgical strike was waiting for me in the mailbox. Also came with a soundtrack CD for Streets of Rage that appears self published and comes in a separate but same box style as Surgical Strike. I haven't tried to load it up yet but will hope to do so very soon! So this is quite legit and I'm glad to have a copy of the game in my library!