IGNORED

Indus GT - 2x Odd Faults

Hi

got an Indus GT that is functionally fine, but it does have a couple of interesting faults i'd like to fix

1] doesn't eject disks - when trying to eject a disk, the mechanism operates and the disk ejects enough that very edge of the disk is just about visible, i then need to "help" it out of the slot.

2] the clear perspex facia doesn't lift properly without assistance. again pressing the button, releases the facia, but it doesn't move without some help

any advice on these appreciated

well, i've managed to rectify the facia problem...sometimes taking the whole things apart and putting it back together is the only way to get the tension right.

no joy on the disk eject thing tho

Does the Indus GT have spring to eject the floppy when the leaver toggles open.?? Not sure if does have a spring for ejecting floppy. My Indus doesn't have this problem, but I have a Rana Drive that refuses to eject a floppy because the spring is broken and I have never bothered to find another good spring.

If you have a Tandon mech (which is most likely), it is the same as the one used in the 1050. That shiny little metal piece could be sticky or bent, or the spring may have come off. I took an Indus apart and took a couple of photos with my iPhone.

Look at the little metal thing pointed to by the yellow tipped ball point pen.

Attached are pictures, first with disk out and second with disk in (latch flipped down).

Hope this helps.

post-13040-0-96790000-1489207089_thumb.jpg

post-13040-0-77863900-1489207122_thumb.jpg

Do you see how the metal thing has moved and tensioned the spring?

I believe that your problem most likely has to do with that lever/spring thing.

Edit: Now I gotta put my Indus back together... But, it was good to verify which is which. This is the one with no RAMCharger or front panel display or buttons. Cheap model, I guess. This one has the UltraSpeed EPROM in it. I selected this one for the ROM swap because you can't boot CP/M anyway without buttons. The other one has the normal front panel / buttons, so it has the RAMCharger.

Edit:edit: Added pic of Indus without front panel. I don't think these were that common, but D.E.L. CompuCable / D.S.I. had a bunch of them. I don't think anyone will remember where they came from, but I'll ask.

post-13040-0-95401400-1489208510_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 1

This is the one with no RAMCharger or front panel display or buttons. Cheap model, I guess.

That is a surprise. Can you check if the 'cheap' model has the same mainboard as the regular one ? Is the front panel connector soldered ? What about ROM version ?

It seems to me that there may have been another reason for removing the panel. I don't think that this would cut down the price at lot.