IGNORED

You can't get more biased...

wow such defenses are put up people can be so contrary.... bias described it pretty well... he presents his opinions as facts......he points out whatever tiny complaint as a reason for the other systems to be inferior and makes the slightest redeeming factor the reason his choice system is better. if he presented them in the fashion of opinions or thoughts it would be somewhat different.. so in my humble opinion he started out very much biased and later on started to soften his stance..... I understand where the original poster was coming from.... hey lets start the majority of our videos with the display of a certain machine even if the entire show is about some other machine completely.... It's all in good fun that I even comment or discuss it.....

Just Killing time looking at and discussing this.... and that time is now gone 'cause dinner is ready and it really matters not.. YUM!

Edited by _The Doctor__

he points out whatever tiny complaint as a reason for the other systems to be inferior and makes the slightest redeeming factor the reason his choice system is better.

And? Sometimes that's all it takes - it's certainly a valid reason for someone to hold a certain opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but it is *his* YouTube channel. He's free to say whatever he wants on it just like you are on yours. Nobody gifted him this YouTube channel as a special snowflake; if you're signed up on YouTube, you have one too. So make a video yourself and refute everything he says.

I don't get people complaining about YouTube channels; especially ones with 2,000 subscribers. I can sort of see criticizing channels like Pewdiepie that have *millions* of subscribers, but this guy is a small fry making videos for fun. Why are you and the OP trying to make his life miserable? He's not *here* wasting your time and bandwidth posting opinions you disagree with, he is literally on an entirely different web site doing his own thing. Go complain about him on YouTube. If he posted here to promote his videos, then you'd be totally justified complaining about him in that thread, but I don't see why it's justified to just call out some random YouTuber here who's otherwise minding his own business just because you disagree with him.

• Like 3

You don't have to agree with it, but it is *his* YouTube channel. He's free to say whatever he wants on it just like you are on yours. Nobody gifted him this YouTube channel as a special snowflake; if you're signed up on YouTube, you have one too. So make a video yourself and refute everything he says.

I think you're right in what you say there. But I think you fall short of pointing out that anyone has the right to critique publicly made videos (or forum comments for that matter). So yes, you are right, it's his channel. He can post what he wants. But what he can't do, is post whatever he wants and have it be immune from critique. So to invoke the snowflake concept; I would say that anyone who thinks they should be able to express themselves publicly, but others shouldn't be able to publicly express criticism, is just as much a snowflake.

• Like 3

CharlieChaplan, your correct in that assessment :)

SpaceCadet, I was going to respond with a lengthy dissertation with expanding explanations and reasoning... but then... FUJIDUDE covered the important part. We are not in need of safe spaces, coloring books, or puppy-dogs .... but if you have them it's still nice :)

Fujidude - You nailed it! Drove that right home!!

I like calling it for what it is and not making a five hundred page essay, if a person wants to do 'rebuttle videos' that's fine... who gets to dictate what form of refute is allowable... no comments or critiques! You must go do it in this space cadet approved free speech video area... lmfao... :)

I think you're right in what you say there. But I think you fall short of pointing out that anyone has the right to critique publicly made videos (or forum comments for that matter). So yes, you are right, it's his channel. He can post what he wants. But what he can't do, is post whatever he wants and have it be immune from critique. So to invoke the snowflake concept; I would say that anyone who thinks they should be able to express themselves publicly, but others shouldn't be able to publicly express criticism, is just as much a snowflake.

Yeah, I was just trying to figure out why he's allowed to have his opinion and for some reason people that think he's biased aren't.

Someone actually went as far as to defend him over my comment via a PM. Seriously?

• Like 2

It is a video blog, and it's all about personal opinion.

Maybe someone can present a chart showing the comparisons between C-64 and Atari versions specifically - which will point out successful Atari over C-64 versions, and also unsuccessful ones? And ones which can be considered equal? or equally bad?

Such comparisons though - are not really about the hardware differences but whether the programmer concerned is able to deliver a successful end result - which is dependent upon their talent/expertise and whether time was available to produce something worthwhile? Time pressure, I'd think would not guarantee a good end result.

And whether it was within the capabilities of the hardware - some games being too difficult to convert/port over...

Harvey

A computer is really only as good as the software available for it. So yeah, programmer talent can be a factor. However, the potential of software is constrained by the actual hardware of the computer too. As an extreme example, you'll never get a spreadsheet as good as Excel on a VIC20, no matter who the programmer(s) are.